Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rear Tire Needs Replacing And I Prefer To Do The Work Myself , Including Balancing. My Hydrolic Motorcycle Jack I Used On My Beemer Will Not Stabalise The Hm Because Of The Exshaust And Undercaraige Shape, So It Looks Like I Will Require A Rear And Front Service Lift / Jack ? Any Sugestions ? I Probably Just Need A Picture And I Will Build My Own As I Have A Nice Machine Shop To Tinker In.
Thanks For Any Tire Changing Sugestions.:)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Just build something that looks like the pit bull rear stand. Its simple and works very well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Pitbull Stand Looks Good. I Like The Ball Bearing Head, I Will Probably Just Buy One As The Price Is Reasonable.....thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
True.. it for the price it would prolly be easier to just buy one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I suppose you got the cone thing for the rear wheel balancing? You know, one side has small opening the other side is large? I went to 2 local shops that couldn't do my rear because of that before I drove an hour to a real ducati shop...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suppose you got the cone thing for the rear wheel balancing? You know, one side has small opening the other side is large? I went to 2 local shops that couldn't do my rear because of that before I drove an hour to a real ducati shop...
No , I do not have the cone thing for balancing my rear wheel yet ? more info. on this is apreciated....

·
Registered
174 Posts
as far as balancing, I use dyna beads.

They work for me, and it's great. I've done 4 bikes, and they all ride smooth. Next time I change my tire, I get to see how fun it may be to capture them for re-use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts