Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't ridden one yet, so want to know how much heat the engine puts out. I have a FJR1300 and it puts out a ton of heat and is uncomfortable in hot weather (So Cal). How is a HM during summer?

thx!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thx, I did search and read posts.

Seems like we have oil temp, maybe water temp, etc. I took those as "internal" temps...

If you have a HM and if you are riding with jeans on, is very hot? Uncomfortable, so that you have to put your leg on the outside of the pegs? I have to do this with my FJR and hate it...

thx!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in southwest Louisiana, it's hot and humid here in the summer. Sure the bike gets warm in slower traffic, not too bad on the move. Not near as hot as my 998 or the 999.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have about 7000 miles logged on my hm. I can honestly say I have never thought the bike felt warm on any part of my body. I don't notice any of the engine heat radiating on my legs and the exhaust is not an issue, but possibly for the passenger that could be a factor.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
thx, I did search and read posts.

Seems like we have oil temp, maybe water temp, etc. I took those as "internal" temps...

If you have a HM and if you are riding with jeans on, is very hot? Uncomfortable, so that you have to put your leg on the outside of the pegs? I have to do this with my FJR and hate it...

thx!
You won't have a water temp problem unless your fjording a river :abduct:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts