Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get behind the cowling and for the life of me can't figure out the magic sauce. I took the two bolts near the top (right and left of the dash) and I took the 3 bolts off to remove the beak. My hunch says I need to remove the headlight to get something that screws into red fairing part but I am afraid of breaking something by yanking too hard. Suggestions?

·
Registered
146 Posts
just replied to the other thread but here it goes. Those 2 bolts you removed on each side of the instrument cluster is all you really need to take off. The red number plate is set in 2 rubber grommets (can't remember where) but you essentially can just pull the number plate off. And that's it. You may have to pull out (towards your chest) or up (towards the ceiling) for it to come off. But that's it. I was surprised at how easy it it was to take off and like you was puzzled by how to take it off at first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to get behind the cowling and for the life of me can't figure out the magic sauce. I took the two bolts near the top (right and left of the dash) and I took the 3 bolts off to remove the beak. My hunch says I need to remove the headlight to get something that screws into red fairing part but I am afraid of breaking something by yanking too hard. Suggestions?

View attachment 996719
Was wondering is the tachometer connected to the headlight as one or can I remove the headlight and keep the tachometer

·
Registered
225 Posts
There are just 2 screws. They are on the other side at about forks width. After you get this, you just pull straight out on the red piece and it comes off. The black instrument cover is screwed onto the red cowl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts