Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, after a long break... i'm back
Looks like the forum is as healthy as ever, cool!

Can anybody help to find where I can find/buy high resolution photos of classic ducatis & ducati engines close-ups?

I'm planning to make a large image composition to print it in an aluminium surface an hang it in a wall. Probably splited like this ones:

At the momment I only founded generic image banks with modern ducatis pics...

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
If you are looking for true art quality pics, with art quality lighting, like the other images you showed us, then they will be owned by someone and it's unlikely you can get them at the resolution you want them without paying for them.

Of course, other possibilities are:

1. if someone here has shot something of that quality and is willing to give it to you.

2. if a photographer here or elsewhere was willing to partner with you for a numbered run that you would offer for sale. That way you could get your copy for free and both of you could make some profit as well.

Regardless, it's certainly a beautiful idea.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi everybody, after a long break... i'm back
Looks like the forum is as healthy as ever, cool!

Can anybody help to find where I can find/buy high resolution photos of classic ducatis & ducati engines close-ups?

I'm planning to make a large image composition to print it in an aluminium surface an hang it in a wall. Probably splited like this ones:

At the momment I only founded generic image banks with modern ducatis pics...

thanks in advance!
Are you looking for images of Ducati Sport Classics or vintage Ducati Motorcycles?

I you are looking for vintage Ducati Motorcycles images, my friend Mike in Quebec Canada did a replica of a 750 SS using a '75 GT.

You can check out some of his photos HERE. The real NICE photos are from a magazine shoot. If any of these look promising I will help get you in touch with Mike. I am guessing Mike may have others. I don't know who holds the rights to photos shot for the magazine article but I am sure Mike has all that information.

Please write me at [email protected]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great help!

Thanks everybody for the help!

Phil: have looked at Mike's pics, they are really beautifull!, but when I saw Elizabeth Raab work I found it even more inspiring. Thanks FrozenInCND!!

My first attemp will be with Elizabeth. Her site doesn't seem to work (www.elizabethraab.com) but I'm trying to reach her by facebook/my space.

http://www.myspace.com/enr

Both Vintage or Sport Classic can fit my needs, It's a matter of finding the right pic.

BTW: It's going to be a 'big job', about 2x1,5 meters, that's why the quality of the photo is so important

I'll tell you the advances...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Advances...

Can tell you that Elizabeth is at least as nice as her work! She's helping me a lot to cover my needs. I also have some other options, but Liz is my favorite at the moment.

I'm definitely going for pics that will be simple and probably a close-up.

So many options, so hard to decide...

Thanks everybody (and the privates msg), this forum is a gem!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress with your project. Very cool indeed!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts