Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where can I get a mid priced high mount exhaust? I have micron now and want to go high. If you have them post some pics and give me a round about price if you could. Thanks in advance
I am having a pair + 1 link pipe made (I already had 1) for £300 by PJ Engineering PJ Engineering - Home Page - Manufacturers & suppliers of High Temp. Carbon Fibre, Stainless & Titanium Tubes and Performance Motorcycle Exhaust parts in Lincolnshire, UK I should receive them in the next week & will post pictures if you are interested.

Might be expensive to ship them to the USA though

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,343 Posts
Haha yeah, certainly an example of what not to do......wait you were joking right.
Maybe this should inspire a new thread.

"Supersport abominations" aka how someone f*cked up a perfectly good bike.

I recall one SS pic in the forum of an SS with gauges down one side of the bike and other shite stuff that would be an ideal candidate.

Richard

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I am having a pair + 1 link pipe made (I already had 1) for £300 by PJ Engineering PJ Engineering - Home Page - Manufacturers & suppliers of High Temp. Carbon Fibre, Stainless & Titanium Tubes and Performance Motorcycle Exhaust parts in Lincolnshire, UK I should receive them in the next week & will post pictures if you are interested.

Might be expensive to ship them to the USA though
definitely post pics.

not that i'd hack my '96 SP too much...
but I am very interested in the topic of exhaust options.

i do seem to stumble across things like frames, motors, etc...
of course the "cafe" (i kind of call them hack jobs), movement seems to be going crazy, and i'm assuming its been this way for sometime. i guess 2/3 of Duc sales has been in monster. if monster is some what of a production run of DIY Cafe racers... I'd dare to say... its a niche and potentially there is a market.

with 900ss stuff seemingly laying around...
it would seem... like... a 900ss would be a great candidate for a hack
i.e. Ducati Supersport | eBay
i really wanted to buy this bike. seemingly it would have been just about impossible for me to build this bike for under $6k. I almost went out to Reno to get it. if nothing else, to simply have a hands on bike that had been hacked, and to see exactly what someone would do to a bike. kind of like reverse engineering.

even better yet... seemingly it would be awesome to be able to build a bike and have it be modular. that is... simply have the bolt on kit for naked cafe style or fully faired. but i guess that takes away the whole point. I doubt that i'd hack my SP. i'd rather buy a CR and go at it.

which brings me to exhaust(s).

back in the day (late 80s to mid 90s) it seemed there was a wide range of aftermarket bolt on exhaust options. I'm glad to see SupperTrapp still in the game. further more... in those days, there were plenty of guys welding up pipes for just about anything you could imagine.

so it seems that in the world of all things 900SS
finding hangers, mid pipes, cans....
header? <--- uh... well... i guess i can just about forget anything like that.
I'll be patient.

its so crazy that when i start digging around for Termi cans... well... crap...
maybe i should just drop $10k on the likes of a '99 996 SPS...
devo? just for the term cans? <-- well... i suppose... when i start to dig around for high pipe options for a 900ss, the whole situation seems... almost impossible? then it goes into a cognitive tailspin where I start adding up money, simple spreadsheet... forget wrenching time (which i really enjoy), and often times i come up to a build around $8k, and I ask myself... "what can i get for $8k?"

how about 10 or $11k. when it comes to those numbers... there are a few really nice bikes out there.

but back to topic, re: high mount exhaust, and hacking a perfectly good motorbike...

seems to me there are plenty of potential builds laying around.

when i see a CR, i think to myself... replace the fork, swing arm, 1/2 fairing, light and possibly the entire instrument cluster...

random thoughts...

hack a 900ss?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.