Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my sprocket from a 45 to a 44 when I noticed the ride height adjustment rod was all the way in. Having read numerous post from a number of more educated folk than myself I decided to raise it. I didn't do any measuring, I just spun each end out 1 full turn. I did notice a big difference in the ride immediately. The back of the bike felt loose and the turn in was much quicker. I took some of the preload out of the back shock and that seems to have helped.
Bye the way, anybody have a need for a 45 tooth sprocket? :D

Time to go ride.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Wow a 45- that's like a frisbee!

Getting your sag, rebound and ride height set correctly for you really make a huge difference in the way the bike handles.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow a 45- that's like a frisbee!

Getting your sag, rebound and ride height set correctly for you really make a huge difference in the way the bike handles.
Totally agree, I adjust mine so that the rear tyre just clears the ground when on the centrestand. The bike will be transformed, it will turn in and hold a line much better than standard. The 'loose' feeling from the back is just the difference from having a bike that tracks true to one that pushes the front. As standard ST's are set up to be extremely stable, but it does make them hard work-what you have is a superbike with touring clothes but with the suspension adjusted to super stable position. Most of us prefer something nearer to superbike setup.

John

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, After taking some of the preload out of the rear shock it felt much better. I went for a long spirited ride Sunday and was surprised how much better the bike felt after I got accustomed to the new feel. I believe my chicken strips are getting smaller :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts