Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through some of the past threads regarding swapping out the stock high/low beam bulbs for HID bulbs and ballasts. I had a hard time finding a reasonably priced kit that included one H1 and one H3 bulb. I just wanted to let you guys know that I found a kit with one of each bulb for $67 shipped. I got it through Derrick at Third Gear Performance. He worked with me to get me what I needed. If anyone else is interested, email him at [email protected], or call 714-952-2527. I'll update this thread when I get the kit and let you guys know how it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been reading through some of the past threads regarding swapping out the stock high/low beam bulbs for HID bulbs and ballasts. I had a hard time finding a reasonably priced kit that included one H1 and one H3 bulb. I just wanted to let you guys know that I found a kit with one of each bulb for $67 shipped. I got it through Derrick at Third Gear Performance. He worked with me to get me what I needed. If anyone else is interested, email him at [email protected], or call 714-952-2527. I'll update this thread when I get the kit and let you guys know how it works.
Very cool. I am also interested in HID light bulbs for my '02 998. The stock bulbs seem a little 'underpowered' after all these years. I am interested how easy these are to install, the results, and your thoughts.

(Btw, I should probably post this in the other thread, but regarding your question about tires, check out: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303341&highlight=tires
This thread taught me a lot about tires and which ones probably work best for me.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Ok, I got the kit on Wednesday and finally had some time to install it last night. Everything went real easy. The hardest part was locating the ballasts in a good place where they can't be seen. I ended up clamping them to the frame under the intake ducts. Total install time was probably an hour and a half. They really make a huge difference, especially with the high beam on!:D
Now I just need to find a part number for the parking light bulbs that are inside the headlight housing as one of mine is burned out. If anyone is interested in pictures I'll post some, just let me know.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
The parking bulbs are T10 or W5W "wedge" 5w/12v bulbs availble from most autoparts stores i guess.. standard "parking" bulb.

You can replace them with white LED bulbs from a number of "styling" companies. Makes them harmonize better with the ultrawhite HID´s. Should be availble at most autostyling stores aswell as several suppliers on the net.

//amullo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts