Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for those who installed HIDs for their headlight, where did you hide the ballast? Everything is so tight up there, I’m having a hard time find a spot. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I think its a right load of faff for a light that's illegal anyway. More cables near the forks to get damaged or tangled.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi, for those who installed HIDs for their headlight, where did you hide the ballast? Everything is so tight up there, I’m having a hard time find a spot. thanks in advance.
I went with LED instead of HID and am very happy with the results. Lower temperature and less space required for wiring and ballast.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
People still convert to HID's? Why?

LED's are cheaper, there's no ballast to install, they generate less heat, they draw less power, they last up to 5X longer, they are shockproof with zero moving parts or filaments.

·
Registered
337 Posts
People still convert to HID's? Why?

LED's are cheaper, there's no ballast to install, they generate less heat, they draw less power, they last up to 5X longer, they are shockproof with zero moving parts or filaments.
And - generally - they have a more accurate reproduction of the focal point of an incandescent bulb than a HID, so produce a more consistent cutoff, and diffuse the light above the cutoff less, which pisses off other motorists less...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I retrofitted a projector in there, that’s why it’s a HID setup... might be starting to regret that decision. I’m going to see if I can fit another type of bulb in there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
On my ss i had removed the carbon canister and mounted the ballast there.I also went projector with the HID much better focused light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts