Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing my first ducati next month and would like to meet a couple of ducati enthusiast. I am from California. I am stuck in choosing a 996 or 999. Which of the two would be better. I am just a casual rider who just loves Ducatis. I will go on the track, but with a different bike. Any inputs please on both bikes and which is better. Thanks.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Well, if you wanna ride the bike that really started Ducati's claim to fame, pick up the 996. If you wanna ride a bike which really stands out amongst the crowd, grab the 999. As in most things, the newer they are, the more reliable they are, so the 999 has the upper hand with more reliability and most importantly its a very good machine otherwise.

No matter what Ducati you buy, you'll find they're very fun bikes to ride! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Many also find the ergonomics of the 999 a bit more friendly.

If these are your choices you can not make a mistake.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone for their reply. Yeah i have sat on my friends 999 and it feels real comfortable. I just like the looks of the single sided swing arm of the 996. Probably gonna look into a 999 then. Thanks everyone! I cant wait to ride again!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys have any bike nights? While I was stationed in Japan we used to have bike nights where we would meetup somewhere and just meet each other. Is there one around here in California? I would like to meet some fellow riders around here. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I would love for Ducati to have released a single sided 999, sadly they didn't.

All the 999's had double sided swing arm's.
Thanks for noting this. I checked and I think the phrase "another innovation, the double-sided swing arm" in Ducati's materials for the 2005 made me think that previous years were singles.

Apparently they just changed the design and construction of the 2005 swingarm, but didn't go from single to double.

Singles sure look nice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also anyone knows any good reputable dealerships for ducati? ones that sell used bikes and offer financing. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
There are a lot of Ducati dealers;
Pro Italia
Spectrum Ducati in Orange (my favorite dealer)
Beverly Hills Ducati
i think i will go with spectrum. i have heard lots of good things from this dealership. i think you have a pic there right TYE on a 848? who should i go talk to when i go there?? thanks..

oh here is a pic of me on my friends 999.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts