Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

I just got a 1996 M900 in April I think. I have had street bikes since I was 13 and I love to modify bikes. My other bike right now is a 1988 Yamaha FZR1000 that the only really stock thing is the part of the frame where the vin # is. :)

Anyway, someone was offering to buy me a second bike and I was like Ducati!
I always loved them and considered a Duc out of my range. I picked the Monster because I love the look and I already have a superbike. I was really looking for fun, comfortable and something I can take the children on.

So I am not modifying it. I like that it runs on pump gas, gets crazy MPG and starts everytime.
Ducati's are just so pretty. :)

So all I have done is, replaced all the parts I found in Carbon Fibre with it, all the lines with stainless Steel, raised the tail alot (I have really long legs and the rake was killing me just too harleyish), flat drag bars, a 30mm slave, lots of gold anodized stuff, custom seat from sargent (I had them do the pass. in Yellow with a black stripe) and 180 rear and other stuff.
Just more pretty and stuff not performance stuff.

So I was not going to join a Duc forum, I figured since I am not really doing to much to Noodles (that is his name) I will not be on a forum enough.
I am here like everyday

Anyway that is Noodles. He has new clutch plates and a gold pressure plate since then

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah only 2700miles when I got him.
11,500 ish now. I am trying to suss out the valve clearance.

I replaced the belts when I got him too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Nice Monster, welcome to the wonderful world of Ducati, there's no turning back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Plus one to the addictive nature of Ducati and welcome aboard. I've had my duc for a few years but just joined the forum recently.

Nice mods, too.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
enjoy your time on her! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Noodles is a he.