Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone!
I recently inherited a 1996 900SS from my mother's second husband, Ken ...also technically my stepfather, but I was an adult by the time they met, so he was more like close family and a great friend. I practiacally worshiped Ken's 1996 900SS from day one (something about that dry clutch sound is just soooooo friggin' cool). I was stoked anytime he was like "You want to switch for a while?" because I love riding that bike. Plus, Ken was one of those people that proved you don't have to be some famous doctor or wealthy philanthropist to leave the world a little better than you found it, because he definitely succeeded in doing so simply through the interactions he had with every person he encountered every day. So, there's some sentimental value to the bike too. :smile2:
Unfortunately, because of his decline in health (pretty aggressive cancer), and extended storage, the Duc needs a little TLC to get it back to its previous beautiful sound and looks. And that's where this forum and you folks come in! :grin2:
And it looks like I found the right place, based on the wealth of info in threads like "new (to me) 900ss?" ...and really the whole friggin' Supersport forum :cool:

Of course, I already have my first question. I noticed the posting rules said "You may not edit your posts." Is there a site-wide ethos toward "no editing" or is that just specific to certain threads/forums?

That's it for now. I'm going to get back to perusing other threads. Been enjoying the reading. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Where in Colorado are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Where in Colorado are you?
Fort Collins. Does it not say that in my sig?
Haha. I just realized how much that sounds like the kind of sarcastic question asked by a real d**k.
...but I honestly, don't know whether it says "Fort Collins" for everyone else, or just me and I have to change some settings I was too dumb to notice(?). :confused:

Edit to add: Holy buckets! Is that 1098R yours? and the others? There is gonna be sooooo much eye candy on this site :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Fort Collins. Does it not say that in my sig?
Haha. I just realized how much that sounds like the kind of sarcastic question asked by a real d**k.
...but I honestly, don't know whether it says "Fort Collins" for everyone else, or just me and I have to change some settings I was too dumb to notice(?). :confused:

Edit to add: Holy buckets! Is that 1098R yours? and the others? There is gonna be sooooo much eye candy on this site :cool:
I was looking on my phone and it doesn't show the location. I am on a computer now so I do see FC.

Yes, the 1098R and the others are mine. They're all listed in my signature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking on my phone and it doesn't show the location. I am on a computer now so I do see FC.

Yes, the 1098R and the others are mine. They're all listed in my signature.
Right on. That's a hell of a collection. If you're ever looking for a place to store 'em... >:) *ahem* 0:) *that's what I meant*

You get up this way much or mostly stay down in Denver?
Hit me up if you do head up this direction much. Of course, I gotta do some electrical work before I'm going anywhere :| (when starting, turn key and bike seems fine, then goes dead—like no battery hooked up dead—when I hit the starter ...seems like a short).
Do you know many good local resources for parts? ...old parts; the Duc shop in FoCo doesn't carry anything for 1996 bikes (or anything past a couple yrs old).
...or would you recommend ordering online?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Right on. That's a hell of a collection. If you're ever looking for a place to store 'em... >:) *ahem* 0:) *that's what I meant*

You get up this way much or mostly stay down in Denver?
Hit me up if you do head up this direction much. Of course, I gotta do some electrical work before I'm going anywhere :| (when starting, turn key and bike seems fine, then goes dead—like no battery hooked up dead—when I hit the starter ...seems like a short).
Do you know many good local resources for parts? ...old parts; the Duc shop in FoCo doesn't carry anything for 1996 bikes (or anything past a couple yrs old).
...or would you recommend ordering online?

Thanks!
Yes. Your two best bets for parts are Boulder Motor Sports and Imperial Sportbikes in Denver. They both should be able to help you out.

Reactions: chilli
1 - 7 of 7 Posts