Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My name's Evan, I'm an engineer with RM Stator. I'm not here to advertise, but rather to see what common electrical issues there are on popular Ducati models. I'd love to hear your thoughts on any stator, regulator, charging, lighting, or electrical system issues that need to be addressed on these bikes, so I can look into building a high quality aftermarket solution for them.

Looking forward to talking with you guys.
Evan

·
comrade moderator
26,797 Posts
Hi Evan, thanks for chiming in. Do a search of the full forum using the terms you said - one at a time will work better - and you should get many hits. Also, scan through the "Tech" section for relevant titles.

Hope it works! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Evan, thanks for chiming in. Do a search of the full forum using the terms you said - one at a time will work better - and you should get many hits. Also, scan through the "Tech" section for relevant titles.

Hope it works! :)
Will do, thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Evan
I work on these bikes mostly between the 85-2012 era and the stators are mostly good to go. I can still count on one hand the number of stators I change. Rectifiers were poor prior to the 1998 model years with an update from Ducati that fixed most of them. Stator wire connections are a common issue as heat and corrosion is common at the stator to rectifier connectors.

That said there is probably some interest in upgrade/downgrade stators. Higher output would be a benefit to some while others would like a nice race stator at a lower weight/size for track applications. early bikes prior to 98 had small outputs and could not take many extras people like today. We run plenty of track bikes where people are trying to save weight and the bikes make way more than is needed without lights etc. they just need enough to run the bikes efi.

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
RM, thanks for joining and asking.. to me, the challenge for Duc Superbikes is the heat our bikes place on the regulator in normal urban street riding since its buried in the fairing right by an exhaust pipe quite commonly. I've seen on all my superbikes ..from year 1999 to 2011.. toasted stator-reg connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts