Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and have a (hopefully) basic question.

2005 Ducati Monster Clutch Cover Bolts

Replacing my clutch cover on a 2005 Ducati Monster and I realised I've stuffed up not marking which bolts go in which slot. I assumed the four long bolts were the same length but one is slightly shorter and for the life of me I can't work out why. (you'll see in photo far left bolt slightly shorter)
Any help appreciated!

Attachments

·
comrade moderator
27,159 Posts
I don't remember at the moment but I'm sure someone will be a long to give the answer.
In the meantime, if you just insert each bolt (not thread in, just insert), you'll find if they are right they will protrude the same amount. If one is sticking out further, or going all the way in without touching anything, that's the wrong spot. If you do it this way you can't hurt anything.

If you want to join us, you might want to ping @scott to change your username from your email addy. Thanks for joining. If you would, please fill out your location information in the "UserCP", add your rides to your signature line...and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Bolt #21 in the parts diagram ( 11 o’clock position) is the shorter bolt because it doesn’t stop on the cover, it’s on the crankcase cover

1 - 4 of 4 Posts