Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps,

Close to pulling the trigger on either a 2000 996S (says the heart) or a 2008 1098 (says the head); the boss (wife) says I can't have both. Both were my fantasy bikes as a kid/student and after a 12 year break from riding following university, I got back on two wheels four years ago.

This middle-aged accountant is now ready to relive glory days. :yeah:

Funny thing happened today when I took my car in for service at the local MB dealer. Two of the service advisors are Duc owners (1199S and 1098) and we must've killed an hour chatting bikes. Wondering if there are any other 916/996/998 and 1098/1198 owners in the Lower Mainland on this forum. Would love to pick your brain on your ownership experience and where you get your bike serviced.

Cheers,

DD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome! I understand your dilemma, I recently "updated" my 2006 ST by buying a 2002 998... I had to decide between a newer, more powerful bike and the most beautiful bike ever made, so I went with the 998... :)
While not in Vancouver, I'm in Seattle, odds are we may meet sometime.
Nice to have you around and best of luck no matter what you chose.

PM

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally pulled the trigger this week and got myself a 2008 1098S with full Termis and a whole slew of goodies. If there are any Duc owners in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia who want to go for a ride, feel free to give me a shout. Ride safe, everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jimmy, I sent you a PM. Looking forward to it!

·
Administrator
12,910 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms, not sure how I missed your introduction earlier but we are glad to have you here. :)

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section then enjoy the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts