Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as a new guy, I will try to properly introduce myself here.

First of all, I'm from the Netherlands en since i'm not typing in my native language here, you'll have to excuse my (grammar) mistakes. I'm trying as hard as I can ;)

I'm 31 years old and do not own a Ducati (yet).
Currently I own 2 bikes, a KTM 300 EXC and a Suzuki GSXR1100W projectbike that is still without plates.
Previous bikes were a Yamaha FZR600R and a KTM LC4 620SM.

Reason I'm lurking around here, is that in the area where I live, more and more (unpaved) roads are being closed for motorised vehicles. So I'm riding my KTM not as much as I would like. So I'm thinking about selling it in the future. And perhaps get the Suzuki plated and sell that too.

Ever since I've had the KTM 620, I'm hooked on low-end torque/power. I don't want a bike anymore that I have to rev to death in order to keep it moving forward in a decent pace. That's when the idea of a twin started growing on me.

I know a naked bike would be the better choice for me (speedwise), but I'm still a real sucker for sportsbikes. KTM's have real character and because I want the future bike to have the same, it kinda ruled out all the Japanse twins. The Italian twins look like the best choice, where I'm leaning towards Ducati's, they look gorgeous. Especially the 748/916/996/998.

Don't know which one to pick, because the 749/999's are growing on me too. They are easier to maintain, have more power and are more comfortable.

No real need to make up my mind yet, because the other bikes have to be sold first and that will not be happening this year anymore. That way I also have the time to massage my future plan onto my newlywed wife ;)

So I'll mostly be reading here everthing about the supersports instead of posting.

Hope this provides you guys enough about me. And if you have questions, fire away and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

Greets, PJ

PS, I've added a picture of my current toy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts