Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Obviously, a new member here! But I have been fairly active on the sister site, 899 Panigale forum, as I ride 2014 white 899. 899 was my first Ducati, and not only that, it was and still by far is the only bike that I've ever owned that is not carbureted. Just passed the 15,000miles, and it is currently at a dealer for the service, which got me thinking - I normally wrench on my own bikes (I built my RD from piles of parts, I recently restored Moto Guzzi V50ii which unfortunately, caught fire (but not a total loss yet, it's a long story), and I have an on-going CB750 project for a friend), but I had no desire to do the valves on the Pani, just because the amount of work that required just to get to it is really not enticing me. Which brings to me to another, older Ducati that I'm casually eyeing on, so I'm very much looking forward to hearing opinions, suggestions, and advice, and contribute where I can.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,376 Posts
So many of us here do our own maintenance. And not just the small stuff. You'll find the level of knowledge to be stunning sometimes. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate ripping into the 899. That's what multiple bikes are for. :) If one is down, you ride another.

Please fill in your location info in the User CP.
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Thanks and enjoy the site.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Yorik.
I do all the work on other bikes, but with 899, and with all the electronics and wires and the fact that the radiator has to come off just to change a bloody spark plug, the whole concept is so foreign to me, but I guess it's welcome to the 21st century? I do the very basic maintenance on it myself, but it's with a sense of dread instead of joy that I have with other bikes. BUT! I love riding it though, so it may be the small price to pay.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm over in Norwood, MA. I am also one to work on my own bikes and the newer bikes are foreign to me.

Hit me up if you wanna ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts