Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thanks for letting me join. Im an Aussie living in the Northern Alps of Japan in a place called Hakuba. If you ski or snowboard you may have heard of it.

Been without a Ducati a LONG time and will be rectifying that shortly as am looking for a 1st year 916 and perhaps a 998R as well.

Appreciate any and all advice I can get as I start my search in earnest as I know I have much to learn to ensure I get the right bikes.

Once again thanks.

Pete

·
Administrator
12,122 Posts
Hi Pete and welcome to the site. A small part of the fun is the search so keep us posted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Pete,
Lots of fun to be had in the Alps. Not many Duc dealers tho.
If you’re looking to purchase (and can pull wrenches), Yahoo auction is probably a good place to look for bikes. RedBaron has benefits, but you’ll pay for those. GooBike has lots of choices as well.
Do watch out for Mr Bike in Nagoya: not gaijijn friendly.
Cheers! Kalyx

·
Bon Vivant
10,576 Posts
Hi Pete,
If you are new to Ducati I would warn that R bikes - (any of them) are not a good place to start unless you are planning on using it for track purposes only or you want to display it in your office or living room. Riding an R bike on the street is not a lot of fun and keeping them in perfect spec is expensive and complicated. Stick with the S or base bikes as they are much more friendly in traffic or out on back country roads. You'll be much happier and you'll miss nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts