Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
My name is Daniel, 42 y old, bike 1098 with 29500km...
First bike after getting licence? Yes. Before that scooter 50ccm3 for 6000km. Before I drive this 1098 I go to 99 racing school on motodrome Grobnik to get rid of fear. For now, no problem with driving. Taking off is one which I need to practice.

Bike pictures:
Ducati 1098 Termignoni - Blackpearl

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi daniel!riding school is the best way to realy learn to cornering /feel your bike!!keep riding!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes...
here riding school is total out off control...hi put me from first second to bandit 600 and to street...fortunately i have sense for driving/riding but this is bad teaching...
riding school need to be as this on video...motor is not joke

me at this course...i am very satisfied..this is level 1, to 45 degree..level 2 is up to 55 degree and level 3 is racetrack with video analysis. now on street i cant go like this. fear that i will drop bike is to high..maybe with time fear go away...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yes...
here riding school is total out off control...hi put me from first second to bandit 600 and to street...fortunately i have sense for driving/riding but this is bad teaching...
riding school need to be as this on video...motor is not joke

me at this course...i am very satisfied..this is level 1, to 45 degree..level 2 is up to 55 degree and level 3 is racetrack with video analysis. now on street i cant go like this. fear that i will drop bike is to high..maybe with time fear go away...
The 1098 motor is definitely not a joke; usually new riders choose a smaller bike until they're comfortable with normal driving stuff: turns, quick stops, leaning, etc. as they are lighter and more forgiving of rider errors. And cheaper to repair! So be careful out there while you get comfortable... a lot of new riders get hurt riding powerful sportbikes without the experience and reflexes to be able to ride safely at the speeds those bikes want to go. Spending as much time off-road on a course as you can is very highly recommended. It gives you time and space to become familiar with basic driving maneuvers so that you are not having to think about them as much when you are driving and you can be watching and thinking about traffic and hazards.

I would also HIGHLY recommend you find yourself a copy of the video "Twist of the Wrist II - The Basics of High Performance Motorcycle Riding" by Keith Code. Keith runs California Superbikes riding school and has done a lot of research into how to ride safer (and faster)... the video has you work through training yourself to properly react (and NOT react) to different situation and explains a lot about WHY the bike feels like it does in these situations. There is also a book by the same name that goes over the same material, but IMHO the movie is better... it has made me such a better rider! I watch it about once a year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do level 2.
Have one friend which ride fantastic, for 25 years every day on bike, mechanic. Hi will ride my bike as passenger to show me how this bike can go low. Of course that this will scare shit out of me but I need to throw fear out. After this he will drive in front of me with scooter across turns and I need to stay as close as possible to him. If he can on scooter than I can do with 1098. We will gradually accelerate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts