Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i love the forum. I've been reading here since before i bought my hyper three months ago and you fine folks played a major part in my decision to go with the red devil motard. Absolutely love the bike and i think its time to do some performance mods. I'll be doing pretty much all the wrench work myself to save on the cost of shop time (and the great sense of pride that comes with building something beautiful) and any suggestions/guidance from your own experiences would help greatly. I'll start off with the first of many layers of projects. Remus hexacone full system, custom air intake developed by local ducati shop (similar to beast intake), pcIII, o2 manipulator (already have this as i've modified my stock exhaust), custom map on dyno. Any suggestions and or comments would be greatly appreciated.
thanks very much.
eric

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
mods

Run Run RUN!

...FULL TERMI...SCOTT DAMPER (security ring too)...sliders....comfort seat...cox guard....speedy moto----lots of stuff...600 mile service.

Yeah, I've just got started. My advice: run.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My advice don't waste you time with other exhausts Termi 2-1, light wieght, comes with ECU, very racy looking, higher resale value on bike... that HEX exhaust is a bloated and fat looking exhaust

Then you need and o2 sesor boloney... just a waste of time with all the gobledy gook when your pieceing together the system. Don't waste the effort. If you do stay with the Dual underseat exhaust the Termi 2-2 is still the best looking it tucks up nicely. The Arrow and Leo Vance have wierd exhaust routing... I saw a 2 into 1 for 1700 bucks once... that is my opinion

·
Registered
253 Posts
Don't waste the money on a damper. This bike does NOT need one no matter what you are doing with it.

Get the suspension set for you and you'll not regret it.

Do a search on susp set up and it will save you tons of $$

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
best advice ... don't take ANY advice here seriously ... or at least without a BIG grain of salt. :think:

advice is generally based on opinion. and opinions are like assholes ... everyone has at least one, and they think theirs doesn't stink but everyone else's does. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
346 Posts
You serious? Why?
Comments please.
I think he was referring to the high cost of starting down the mod path
on these bikes. I've had a lot of fun modding this bike over the last 9 months,
but I'm a little leery of adding up all those receipts! It's a sickness. And
every time you think you're done, some new ideas get out about the next
"best mod ever" and before ya know it, there's one heading your way. Things
like exhaust systems, slipper clutches, racing cams, carbon bits, rear sets,
and you-name-it all add up to a pile o' money over and above the cost of
this bike, which ain't exactly cheap to begin with. So yeah, bury your
credit card and run away fast before the the itch to accessorize takes over
your every waking moment! Or not. :cool:

You know you've got Mod Syndrome when the last part you bought is
not even installed yet before the next one goes on order. Or when you
never ride the bike twice with the same set of hardware on it. :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, I was thinking it was sarcasm, but wanted to make sure.
This is why I think I'll be looking for a used bike. One that some goodies already installed. Making a list to what is good and not so good. :D

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmitcong
Run Run RUN!

...FULL TERMI...SCOTT DAMPER (security ring too)...sliders....comfort seat...cox guard....speedy moto----lots of stuff...600 mile service.

Yeah, I've just got started. My advice: run.

You serious? Why?
Comments please.
O.K. I made the comment after I considered how much that I'd spent on this ride. First, the cost of a new Hyper S. Then add the bits that I've put on it and the first service and It is shaping up to be an expensive toy. Soooo, if you have mucho dinero to put into this thing then go for it.

You are probably right UNFAST1 about the damper. I tried many different things to make it feel better and be more predictable in the turns and to be more stable with hard acceleration. I didn't find it. The damper, though, takes most of the o-crap moments away.

·
Premium Member
12,280 Posts
any sort of add on, mod , or extra becomes a neccesity as soon as you aquire said add on, mod ,or extra.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Don't waste the money on a damper. This bike does NOT need one no matter what you are doing with it.

Get the suspension set for you and you'll not regret it.

Do a search on susp set up and it will save you tons of $$
Sorry unfast1, but I have to disagree, I once thought like you, that the Hyper does not need a steering dampener, but I was wrong, and yes my suspension is set-up for me, as close as its going to get until I get different springs, but I learned the hard way at the track, when I got into a wild full lock tank-slapper!!:eek: ( I was lucky to have saved it :p) I won't go too much into the dynamics of why the Hyper needs one, but rake, trail, steering head angle, long travel suspension, & even the adjustable rod on the "S" has a lot to do with it, now that I have a dampener my Hyper is a much better handling machine, and all my friends that have dampeners on their Hyper seems to really love it. Did you notice that ALL the new high performance sportbikes now have steering dampeners on them stock? Aloha Alex

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd argue that every bike should have a damper on the track and I personally wouldn't go on the track again without one. It's that little bit of insurance that can (and did in one case for me though not on the hyper) pay off big time.

Before buying, I asked the local Duc mechanic what his thoughts were on the Hyper. He said it was twitchy. Having ridden one for about an hour before buying, I had to laugh. It's solid as a rock on the street compared to my DRZ.

But if you really do ride hard on the street, get a damper just in case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts