Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, just purchased my first Ducati Superbike and am looking forward to all the ups and downs that comes with it. will be using the search button a lot lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
$1300. Paid sept 4th for agreed parts, week and a half for tracking number, USPS confirmed tracking number for 1 lb box, forks weigh a lot more than that, forks still for sale on forum, told me I would have a real tracking number wedneasday, no reply since.
I was trying to keep my cool about it. If you call that cryptic, ok. I just want the guy to contact me before I contact authorities. Ooh.

Member: Frank Yeager, call me now.
717-856-0034 Tim
I don't care what time. I need the parts I paid for or I need a full refund including both PayPal fees and credit card interest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who is Frank Yeager? He took 1300.00 for some Ohlins 1198 forks and won't return messages 19 days after payment cleared. He takes payments as [email protected] and doesn't live where he says. Oh, and the OHLINS forks are currently still being advertised in ms classifieds.

Frank Yeager, Yeung Lo, whoever you are, man up and make this right. Send the parts you agreed to in the Ducati.ms pm's or refund the $1,338.00

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,594 Posts
Who is Frank Yeager? He took 1300.00 for some Ohlins 1198 forks and won't return messages 19 days after payment cleared. He takes payments as [email protected] and doesn't live where he says. Oh, and the OHLINS forks are currently still being advertised in ms classifieds.

Frank Yeager, Yeung Lo, whoever you are, man up and make this right. Send the parts you agreed to in the Ducati.ms pm's or refund the $1,338.00
Your messages don't paint a pretty picture. Just file a claim with Paypal for fraud.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bad bad bad

PayPal and Visa are on the case. I gave many chances to make things right in case the guy had an emergency or something but when he started buying Toyota spyder parts with my money, I decided to make the call.
Minneola is a small place and authorities have all info.
Correct your path grasshopper. My phone still hasn't rung, my package never showed up and I've received no explanation. Bad bad bad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I follow this forum since a few years. Buy part from members and never a single problem. I also send money to this member and waiting for microtec to be ship... He reply to all me PM the same day. So reading this post start to worries me.

Will let you know how it will turn out.

·
Administrator
12,019 Posts
It looks like Frank (and I am sure that is not his name at this point) was on the website yesterday so he is still hanging around.

Very sorry this is happening and we will help in any way we can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got quick responses until I paid. This is a sad situation in a good forum. A good lesson is learned here. Classifieds help us members get money for leftovers or get deals on hard to find goodies. We just have to protect each other. Pay with PayPal and use a card to pay PayPal that has good protection and security. Do not gift payment or it is non refundable. Also do not do money orders unless you have blind faith in the seller. As a seller, make it easy for buyers by setting up paypal's secured payments.
All of my messages pm's and posts show i have tried very hard to stay positive and work with the seller (this should work the other way) until the need for action. I still want to work things out but have lost hope and faith in this private message sneak.
I'm still happy to be a member and dont reflect this negativity on Ducati enthusiasts nor this welcoming forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Refund

This is how it turn out for me.

After I read this thread, I write to Frank, or whatever is name is, for refund. I ask questions about all this but no answers. He send me refund a few hours after. Fraud or not I'm sure that the quality of this forum and members as help.

I will stay to fact to explain why I start to worries about this transaction.

- This thread
- "Frank" give me another PayPal account as the one listed here.
- "Frank" PayPal account give another user name.
- Classified f/s still have status F/S after 6 days payment was send.
- He say I will ship ecu 7 days after payment ( he could be outside )

I ask " Frank" to give explanation about what all this. We will see...

It sad that end this way, this microtec is a must at this point for my bike. Thank to this forums, I still have this hard earned money for one.

Sorry for my English ... French province

·
Administrator
12,019 Posts
I think now that you have your money back it is time for Frank to move along...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have the same with his 1198 engine. Same series of events as that with the forks. Paid. Told me he would provide a tracking number when they shipped. Kept asking when they would ship, after over a week from payment he said they would ship on a Saturday. That was over a week and half ago, since the Sat. he said they shipped. I've asked 3 times for tracking info. Nothing. Told me the one box will be here Monday. The other 2 on Tuesday. Thursday - nothing. And now he won't answer texts. I just filed a complaint with Paypal.

By the way - number I got, that I've been texting with him: (917)853-6442.

·
Administrator
12,019 Posts
This is truly disappointing to hear, I get so angry to find out that any member here is getting burn. Please keep us posted on what happens :(

(Although he has been banned, he has still been visiting the site so he is well aware of what is going on). We know your IP addresses Mr. ScamPOS.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yeah. What's worse, is I actually mentioned about picking it up. And he seemed fine with that. So I could have driven the 3 hours to NYC (that's at least where the phone number is from), and found myself chasing my tail with an address. Seemed legit at the time, because I told him that I'd do a down payment and remainder at pick-up. It just ended up that I didn't have any foreseeable freetime to drive up, so i asked him to ship.

I've tried calling him several times today. No answer. Filed claim with Paypal.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Update: I just got a text from Frank, providing shipping numbers. I checked the one out instantly and it is reporting that the parcel is "Out for Delivery". So I should find out if there's satisfaction when i get home. However, the other two seem to be fraudulent. When entered it states - "parcels are not able to be tracked through this website."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Follow up

Thanks to this forum setting, we have collectively rattled a cage. I just got a text response of:
(Hi, I got your phone message. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner I'm at work and Signal here is dodgy. I don't know if you got it but I sent you an email this morning about what I found out. They began a trace on the package and should find something out in 2-3 days. If I don't hear anything by Monday I'll send you a refund, if they show up after that just let me know and we'll see what we want to do. )

I still need the parts and don't mind paying so I'll keep you guys posted. Good luck to all of you other guys. Keep us up to date as well.

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
This is why we ride herd on people who sign up to this forum and start posting BS to get their post count up: Because every single thief or would-be thief that's come through here in the past few years has had the exact MO.

So from now on I'm not playing the "chase them around the forum deleting their BS posts" game...as far as I'm concerned, they're a thief in waiting and I'm hitting the ban hammer, no questions asked.

Tim, I would proceed with your refund action through Paypal, because you've got 45 days and this is probably a stall tactic.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts