Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

just joined up and I am looking to get information on the purchase of a multistrada! I recently test rode a Super Duke GT and I came away disappointed in a couple of things. One, in the way that it makes it's power and it does not like to loaf around and 2, the vibes. In no way is that bike smooth...or as smooth as it should be for what it is (or the cost). Even at the 5K ROM sweet spot it was still pretty rough. Kind of a deal breaker for me. This weekend I am going to try and test ride a Multi. I have access to 3 different ones....A used 2015 in white that has 7500 miles, a left over new 17 and possibly an 18.

Regarding the 2015: Is the multi a case of buy the newest you can afford from a reliability standpoint? I know 15 was the first year for DVT and other changes....they also seem to have a fair share of issues but is it worth pursuing for the right price? Is overall reliability good?

2017: I may be most interested in this one if I can get a good left over price. Or, are the differences of the 18 worth pursuing?

My goal is to have a fun, good handling, reliable and capable sport tourer to join my Thruxton R. :smile2:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and how do I get to the point of being able to post in the correct forum? :)

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
If you can get a nice price on the 2017 I wouldn't worry about a 2018 or 2019. The '17 should be a fun, great bike to play on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts