Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us on this forum from Norcal to SoCal know Bill (BillyD) as he always welcomes all of us to his great ranch in Pescadero on the way to our classic Gazos Grill Sunday "church" / brunch ritual hypermotard ride.

He could not come to the SoCal/NorCal event this past weekend as he orgianizes every year his off road Poney Express ride (last year they synced it up with WSBK Salt Lake City at the end). I was following their off road adventure using his GPS tracking system, but this late afternoon, I received this bad news by e-mail:

Bill wrote said:
Subject: XP mishap
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:25:29 -0700
To: Christian Bremeau, Peter Sakai

Other than 8 broken ribs, fractured collar bone and shoulder blade, and a bruisedand punctured lung, I enjoyed the 80 mile ambulane tide down a bumpy gravel road, air transport to Reno. I'll be ICU for several days.

All becuz of a pickup truk driving around a blind curve completely on MY side of the road
I tried to call him, but he paged me back he was too tired to speak.

Wishing him well, I'll keep you all posted of his progress.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Sounds pretty serious but the fact that Bill was able to communicate with that email is encouraging. He's a tough guy so I'm sure he'll be OK with time.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Sounds pretty serious but the fact that Bill was able to communicate with that email is encouraging. He's a tough guy so I'm sure he'll be OK with time.
old motocrossers are tough as nails.

bill, just be sure to have your TPS reset after you get out of ICU :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Damn, BillyD! Ain't that a bitch...

Hope you get back to full strength soon. Broken ribs... suck. No getting around that one. I feel your pain, literally! :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Hate to hear that kind of news . Best wishes ,for healing fast.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
All the King's Men...

They will be putting me back together again later today.

I've asked them to do so in such manner as to optimize my riding position. Might as well take advantage of my rather free-form state of the moment.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Heal fast!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bill, good luck and heal fast!

I assume that your clavicle will be plated. As a vet of these surgeries, you want the Ti Accumed plate that can stay in. Some docs use stainless plates that are uncomfortable and have to come out later.

Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Oh wow, Bill:eek:
I was tracking you on the "Spot" site too.I jokingly made a comment to my boss yesterday that it looked like you had run into a problem due to the lack of progress on the map.I had no idea that problem was a freakin' truck.
Glad to see you feel well enough to post up here.If there's anything you need during your recovery, please let me/us know because once you're well again, all bets are off.:D Best wishes.
Neil

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Best wishes Bill! Get well soon!

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Good luck man... heal quickly and thoroughly...

B

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get well soon! Heard alot about you this weekend, can't wait to meet you.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Sorry to hear...........

As an old dirt biker I feel your pain, and it SUCKS!! so get well soon...:eek: Aloha Alex

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
heal quickly! :)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
People on the wrong side of the road should get shot...........twice.

Get well fast. I broke my collar bone playing football it is a bitch for a few weeks I had to walk all goofy and couldn't carry my shit to class. Ribs are a bitch too, it wouldn't be so bad if breathing wasn't such an important life function.

Out!

·
Administrator
12,443 Posts
Sounds like we need to pick you up in the sidecar and take you to Bridgeport with us! DAMN this sucks :(

Let me/us know if you need anything.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hi Bill,

Very sorry to hear this news. If I was checking in on the site I would have known sooner and could have come visit you as I was in Reno Wed-Thurs!!

Hope this wasn't on your new Adsventure that you picked up in my home town!!

Anyway, I wish you a full and speedy recovery my friend!!!

Todd

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Home Tomorrow?

If all goes well, I should be heading home tomorrow from Reno.

They've patched me up the best that could and now its a matter of letting the healing process follow its course. I will likely be on oxygen for the next 30 days.

Yes, Todd, I was on the Adventure bike, but it came through relatively unscathed.

Bill

1 - 20 of 51 Posts