Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Bike seems to hesitate or skip when I open up the throttle....it's just for a split second and then all is well...kinda like a hiccup or something, hard to put into words. The clutch is fully released when this occurs. Any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had two SS's that have both had similar issues (one past and one present), but that was due to the fact that neither had been ridden much for some time. Replaced fuel, added some fuel cleaner, filter and plugs and both went away with a little ridding. I was hesitant on the fuel cleaner, but Barnett's said it would be fine for it.
If yours is ridden regularly, likely something else

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had two SS's that have both had similar issues (one past and one present), but that was due to the fact that neither had been ridden much for some time. Replaced fuel, added some fuel cleaner, filter and plugs and both went away with a little ridding. I was hesitant on the fuel cleaner, but Barnett's said it would be fine for it.
If yours is ridden regularly, likely something else
Thanks for the insight...any particular brand of fuel cleaner?? What about plugs, any recommendations...might as well replace them as I have yet to.. Nice to hear from a local SS rider!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not sure which year SS you have but on my '94 I have used Stabil and Seafoam both with good results. The Seafoam for cleaning and the Stabil for storage. Also replace your fuel filter and see if there is rust in the tank. Get a set of NGK Iridum plugs and if you can afford to do the Dyna Coils I would certainly do that too. Totally transformed my bike!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the insight...any particular brand of fuel cleaner?? What about plugs, any recommendations...might as well replace them as I have yet to.. Nice to hear from a local SS rider!
I bought some cleaner @ my local Autozone (white container); I was a bit conservative as I don't want to risk eating up any seals, etc. Plugs are the OE spec NGKs. Also, as noted above, I do use stabil in everything in my garage and I think it really helps out.

Shoot me an e-mail if you want to go riding some time @ [email protected]

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
Hey everyone. Bike seems to hesitate or skip when I open up the throttle....it's just for a split second and then all is well...kinda like a hiccup or something, hard to put into words. The clutch is fully released when this occurs. Any ideas?
My girls 900ss had this same symptom. We tuned and sync'd the carbs and it runs like a champ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the plugs today and noticed an immediate difference upon ignition...started much easier. Dropped a little cleaner (the suzuki stuff at barnett's) in the tank as well. Road around town and on the highway for about an hour or so afterward and everything was nice and smooth. Thanks for the help!!

Sounds good CCS31, will do...we've been having some REALLY nice weather here as of late...perfect for riding. Hopefully it'll stick around for a bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts