Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No long blog of the trip yet. Just a Great ride guys. Nice meeting the new guys and nice seeing the ones I know. Here are some pics I took. Sorry Jeff there are no 100+mph or wheelies pics. Though there is a good one of Vito he can use as an avatar. Any way got pulled over by Maryland Hgts on the Page Ext. got me on lidar at 81. LOL I saw him jump in his car and I just pulled over. He was a cool cat, he was like lets make this look good I'm not giving you a ticket but I showed him my id's and off we went.

Anyway guys off to work I am, nice riding with yall!

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks like I logged

about 235 miles give our take again. Have fun at work Rob.........think I will go check the pool............take a nap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go over to WFO..............hahaha. Oh yeah glad I drive the speed limit................etc.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
great rides guys; i apologize if i pissed any one off when making the right turn towards allenton. i was like "hey, there goes that turn.." i wasn't paying enough attention and decided to run it wide instead of grabbing handful of brake. my bad guys, my bad. fred, thanks for setting up the ride. guys, don't forget to check for missing or loose bolts etc. before these rides. i got lucky discovering my mater link clip took a hike.

·
Registered
322 Posts
CopRob

Just got back from WFO..........Remember Nathan............on Turbo Busa Hannibal ride,,,,,,,,, we just got it to 245hp and 151 TQ not bad on a stock motor with turbo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha Rob yeah im undercover, infiltrating the criminal underworld of ducati gangs. hahahaha its some scary sh*t!

damn Jeff I gotta get up there soon! It might hafta be sometime after work when Im on days. My days off are pretty much booked up with traveling out of town. How long are things on the dyno, an hour or so? Probably need to get some P/M work done while its up there too. I noticed she was pre or post igniting (popping sound) as i let off the throttle. Maybe from the lower octane I put in or unless that was Vito's bike farting in front of me. It wasnt consistent, i dunno.

:sleep: rob

·
Registered
307 Posts
Coprob, Its Vitos bike. I rode behind Vito last week for a bit and I too thought it was my bike. I think it is low octane gas.

Drew, I was behind you on that turn. I turned on my blinker and hit the throttle and ran wide too. I didn't realise the turn was right there. So no need for an apology.

Awesome ride!

Fred, where we going next week?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Drew, I was behind you on that turn. I turned on my blinker and hit the throttle and ran wide too. I didn't realise the turn was right there. So no need for an apology.
oh man, all i heard was your clutch chattering away inside my helmet when that happened! loud clutches do save lives :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah wasnt sure where the heck it was, I also was running lower grade instead of prem. (on advice from others) so thought it could of been me. Though I didnt notice it when I was behind Fred on the last portion of my ride. It was loud enuff to be noticeable over my exhaust and earplugs and rushing wind and I wasnt riding up Vito's tail either, it was odd just happened every once in awhile as I let off throttle (guess he was too at the same time)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Coprob dont' worry about the pop

I heard it to and thought man that is weird why is my bike poping. But it never really seemed to be my bike always behind................Now I know its the famous (Vito popper Ducati). That's what vito does in the back.........Cooking dam pop corn..................while carving the corners.................pretty neat idea.............Stop for gas, get a coke have some pop corn..........If vito's bike is all stock then I think he probably has a loose exhaust connection causing the bike to pop.......Vito you might want to tighten all your pipe connections.............I would start there. Good ride Fred......................But what the heck sport touring bikes are getting past yaa...............................LOL...........Wonder what that guy thought when he came up on Ducati's snailing along. Then Fred wave's the guy to pass in a blind curve..............hahhahahha. I was laughing my butt off................That was good Fred.......hahaha

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hermann ride

greetings all,

Glad everyone liked the route I chose, even with the mid-course corrections. Somedays the cars or long line of Harleys get in the way of a group of focused Ducati riders. I will figure out some different roads to ride by next weekend. Where do you all want to start from? No answers that include the words "my house" will be heard!
You seem to have Vito starting to worry about his ST-2 with those comments about the backfiring. He called me to ask advice about working on his bike. I told him to take it to George @ MotorradSTL for the once over, at least. Maybe tell the guy/gal when you see or hear something coming from their bike, while you have their attention and then, don't scare him/her. Some riders get over-excited when they hear things about their bikes. Distracted riders are a hazard to themselves and others. Be diplomatic. Your friends will thank you for being so thoughtful.

chow,
Fred

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not trying to scare Vito, I thought it was mine since I was running lower grade fuel. I never used lower grade until that trip. It still could be mine that I was hearing. Like I said it was just on occasion when I heard it. When I was at the rear, there was considerable distance between me and Vito and was joking about when he was farting on me. Until the other Rob heard it too, thinking it was him (rob) when he was behind Vito. It very well could be just the fuel, not sure what Vito feeds her.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fred nobody tried to scare anybody.

Heck I thought it was my bike tell....................I saw the guys on here talking about it coming from vito's bike. Intake our exhaust leaks can cause popping sounds.................Vito do your self a favor and order (twist of the wrist by Keith Code)................The more you ride the more confidence you will get in the bike and your tires will take alot more than you are giving them as long as the road conditions are clean. Also when going into a corner instead of braking everytime try dropping down a gear to slow down.. Your throttle is what balances the suspension. If we were really railing then you could use your body also. Number one thing return home the same way you left...............which you have............Good job Vito.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts