Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday was such a great success, (I heard almost 40 riders) & I’ve had several people PM and said "Let’s do it again." so in addition to riding WWS this Sunday, 8-30, we plan on stopping to watch the MOTO GP like last year.

SO…HERE”S THE PLAN

MEETING PLACES:
1. MOTOWHEELS 8:30am, Sunday August 30th
Leave MOTOWHEELS by 9:00 (Scott)
2. General Store in Georgetown 10:00am
Leave there between 10:30 & 11:00 (Scott)

The watering hole, Jokers Roadhouse, 7 miles uphill from Georgetown will be showing the Indianapolis MOTO GP races and is a great place to stop on the way down the hill. They provide wonderful hospitality, great tri tip sandwich, and laughs. The owner, Jim is an ex-flat track racer. He and a few of the local patrons and old timers will entertain you with race time war stories and tales of “bumping bars”. Issues of Sport Rider and other magazines sit out on the bar, pictures of old salts riding flat track

If you plan to ride, PLEASEride at YOUR OWN PACE, be safe and cautious. We’ll be starting the ride from MOTO[Wheels 11306 Sunco D Suite 1, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742) and leaving there at 9:00. Eventually we’ll ending up at Jokers Roadhouse for lunch and BS session. (Maybe DT996 will show and tell the truth of why he was MIA last weekend. I heard it was a rainbow event in NYC.)

Please respond to this thread if you have any questions and plan to ride with us so NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND…

·
Administrator
12,442 Posts
LOL, hey just because I am tardy for everything I do....
Jess and I may do a pre-run of the Bridgeport ride next weekend but if not we will ride with you cowboys for sure.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, hey just because I am tardy for everything I do....
Jess and I may do a pre-run of the Bridgeport ride next weekend but if not we will ride with you cowboys for sure.
Pictures at the HOT Springs or you never went. Of Jess of course.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm gain - maybe on the cruiser this time...
Joe
Thanks BTW Chris for the last run organizing
JOE

·
Administrator
12,442 Posts
Pictures at the HOT Springs or you never went. Of Jess of course.
You don't want to see pictures of me modeling for Speedo? :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
I'm gain - maybe on the cruiser this time...
Joe
Thanks BTW Chris for the last run organizing
JOE
That means I'm taking the Multi!

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Rainbow, my ass!!! I'm really starting to regret posting that photo of you in your stylish pink spandex at last years MotoGP! :D

I will be hosting a group of co-workers through Wentworth and out IceHouse road at 7am Sunday. If I can get them back to the freeway on time, I can backtrack and meet you all at Jokers. I'll bring pictures of what I'm really doing with my designated ride time, if it'll keep the wiseacres off my back. And they won't be pictures of Scott in Speedos either!!! What happens in Frisco, stays in Frisco.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I should make it out again. Not sure if I'll stay for the races, but I'll come for the ride. Maybe I'll bring my girl along this time, she's not the fastest, but she would enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
I'm a maybe at this point. Hey Kevin, bring your girlfriend, we can teach her how to wheelie with one hand on the throttle only. Just kidding of course. All riders are welcome and its guarentee she will have fun with this group. No flaps, shorts, tank tops or femmy tennis shoes without socks allowed, lol.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All riders are welcome and its guarentee she will have fun with this group. No flaps, shorts, tank tops or femmy tennis shoes without socks allowed, lol.
John

You didn’t say anything about the jeans and tennis on the busa last Sunday…

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think I should make it out again. Not sure if I'll stay for the races, but I'll come for the ride. Maybe I'll bring my girl along this time, she's not the fastest, but she would enjoy it.
Hell ya, the point is to get together. Be good to meet ya tapit.

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Apparently there is somebody running around who thinks hes a legend and is exempt from traffic laws and the like. People talk like, "you see that idiot pass two up on the shoulder?" Then the next breath its, "oh, its so and so, oh how cool" Makes me want to puke. Somebody needs to grow up.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Apparently there is somebody running around who thinks hes a legend and is exempt from traffic laws and the like. People talk like, "you see that idiot pass two up on the shoulder?" Then the next breath its, "oh, its so and so, oh how cool" Makes me want to puke. Somebody needs to grow up.
I agree John

Riding in an unfamiliar group that way was extremely STPUD. You never know what the riders around you are thinking and were they're going to put their bikes, even if you’re a pro. ATGAT has saved several people. To damage the goods he had would have been criminal. TG he was not one of the Ducati.ms guys, I think

I’m just surprised you haven’t said anything till now.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
+1

·
Registered
608 Posts
Same here, did i miss part of a thread? Is there a background here im unsure not savvy to?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts