Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the Bike. Going to take a little getting use to compare to my Harley. Fun times ahead.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Now you just need:

Ducati Top case for your lady and to fit both of your helmets - $800
Titanium Termignoni exhaust - $2300
Dainese touring jacket - $500
PUIG engine guards - $300
Ram mounts for phone and cup holder - $100
etc
etc
etc

·
Registered
692 Posts
Don't waste your money on Termi, IMO. Go with Arrow :)

Reactions: seb5150

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now you just need:

Ducati Top case for your lady and to fit both of your helmets - $800
Titanium Termignoni exhaust - $2300
Dainese touring jacket - $500
PUIG engine guards - $300
Ram mounts for phone and cup holder - $100
etc
etc
etc
I got the top case just waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They changed the riding mode before I left but it went back to sport how do I get it back to touring ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations. To put it back in touring mode locate the left button on left cluster and push in the middle till you see the riding modes on dash. Cycle through the mode of your choice and hold the button with closed throttle to confirm your new riding mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
The other thing you will notice is the smaller diameter grips compared to your Harley. I'm still getting used to them.

Nice looking bike

·
Registered
617 Posts
Question for you: Since your bike came with the TPMS system, does it read in PSI, or BAR? I had that system manually installed on my 2018, and at the time there was no way to configure the system to display pressure in the US standard PSI, since the TPMS system was only technically available in the EU countries, at least as pre-installed equipment.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I would imagine PSI/BAR can be configured in the dash same as imperial/metric for the speedometer?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would imagine PSI/BAR can be configured in the dash same as imperial/metric for the speedometer?
Not unless they added that feature for the GT.
Ha. That's Ducati for you. I remember in the older version of the Multistrada Link app, you could set it to miles or kilometers, but they added no function to perform any math in a couple of points. So you could go on a 60 kilometer ride, flip it to imperial, and see that you did a 60 mile ride too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the Club of Multistrada Riders who used to ride Harley. We are a rather exclusive group. After a short few trips the only question you will have is 'why did I wait so frickin long to make the switch'.
Your membership card is in the mail. Wait by the post box, it will make it there......some day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the Club of Multistrada Riders who used to ride Harley. We are a rather exclusive group. After a short few trips the only question you will have is 'why did I wait so frickin long to make the switch'.
Your membership card is in the mail. Wait by the post box, it will make it there......some day.
It's getting cold but I am still waiting. lol Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice bike, great colors..

You can take out the exhaust baffles and you can rev the engine at stoplights so people will notice you and get that Harley feeling once again !

·
Registered
692 Posts
I wonder if anyone ever sells their Multistrada to go ride a Harley ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wonder if anyone ever sells their Multistrada to go ride a Harley ;)
A Multi is not better than a Harley, just suited to different purposes . If you want to do 600 - 800 mile days, two up in total comfort the Harley wins (as would a Goldwing). Moving from a Harley to a Multi is not a move up, it's a move sideways to a different style

·
Registered
288 Posts
A Multi is not better than a Harley, just suited to different purposes . If you want to do 600 - 800 mile days, two up in total comfort the Harley wins (as would a Goldwing). Moving from a Harley to a Multi is not a move up, it's a move sideways to a different style
I would disagree with that.

If the riding position is all the difference, then all Ducati would have to do is make a laZboy version of the Diavel, and there would be absolutely ZERO reason to own a fat heavy slow overpriced Harley.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Moving from a Harley to a Multi is not a move up, it's a move sideways to a different style
I think of a Multistrada as a move forward.
When a Harley reaches 100mph, it's impressive.
When a Multi reaches 100mph, it's time to shift into 4th.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts