Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally my 999R rims came home, thanks to JC that found these rims in he's friend's garage. And you were right JC, they are in mint condition, almost like new.
Uhh working out ? No just god damn happy.

A weight comparance.
Without tyres, discs, sprocket carrier and without bushings on both sets. The Sport 1000 stock rims are tough weighed WITH tubes, as it dosnt run without them.

Sport 1000 with tube:
Front rim 6 kilo - 13.2 lbs
Rear rim 9 kilo - 19.8 lbs

999R:
Front rim 3.2 kilo - 7 lbs
Rear rim 5.5 kilo - 12.1 lbs

A total reduction at 6.3 kilo - 13.9 lbs.
Can't wait to try these babies on.

A quick mockup. The 999 caliper and bracket just came home. Found it on eBay.

The Sato rearsets from JC, why the h£ll haven't i got those before now.
They are stunning, but even those had to have a minor "adding" I have filled the extra holes up with stainless pivot bolts. grinded the tip of the bolts of and secured them with PTFE Tape.

But now for some serious bits. And I'll guess I'm already dead, when you guys reading this +
The next couple weeks more sweet things will appear at my... (wifes) doorsteep ;)
My recipe for my Dream-Duc 2012 is following>>>

From NCR Italy:
>Triple Clamp.
>Oil cooler.
>Titanium Gas cap. (yes in real billet titanium)
>Ti bolts.

From dealer here in Denmark:
>Ohlins FGRT815 53/56

From eBay:
>999 Rear caliber, bracket and sprocket carrier. Got that !

From JC pakbikes:
>Sato rearsets type II. Got that !
>Gauge lowering mounts. Got that !
>999R rims via JC. Got that !

From Bikehps UK
>Talon alu gold sprocket 42T

From Omnia Racing Italy:
>Braking Wave disc rear.
>Brembo discs front.
>Brembo calibers CNC P4.30/34 line (the billet ones)
>Radial brake master 19RCS.
>Radial clutch master 16RCS.
>D.I.D 520 Race chain.
>Front sprocket 15T

From ??? Maybe Germany:
ABM Multiclip.

From performance Parts Germany:
Spacer kit for the 999 rear wheel.

Tyres will be. Michelin Power ONE

TOTAL: $13322 That's why i'm afraid my wife is killing :think:

But if I'll survive, I will update this thread in the following weeks

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Super sweet, I've had a set of these rims sitting in my office for a month or more now awaiting the gathering of parts, only thing left is the rear sprocket that was backordered... God I can't wait to get them mounted!

But wow, the rest of those parts, that is going to be one sick bike man!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I would say - as diplomatically as possible (the wife is looking) - it's not 'what' you ask, but 'when'... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
No problem. All you need to do is buy her something in $10,000-15,000 dollar range and she should be happy... :D

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts

TOTAL: $13322 That's why i'm afraid my wife is killing :think:
In other words, you bought another bike :rolleyes: Last time someone did THAT his wife got a new kitchen!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
looks cool - will be a very nice sport!

those rearsets are beautiful, and the extra holes are for adjustability - just curious why you filled them in because now you're stuck in one spot... it's nice to be able to lift them up/back for a track day or down/forward for a big trip.

6,048 Posts
I think the purpose is for aesthetics
besides, the plugs are removable
Just a touch more effort to reposition the rearset and move it around.

looks cool - will be a very nice sport!

those rearsets are beautiful, and the extra holes are for adjustability - just curious why you filled them in because now you're stuck in one spot... it's nice to be able to lift them up/back for a track day or down/forward for a big trip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It takes to seconds to screw them out, that why I also used PTFE tape and not locktite.
Anyway, I got my NCR triple clamp, oil cooler, ti gas cap, and them two $$ screws :eek:
Man, the triple are some serious piece of hardware. The finish and details are bar none, in my opinion.
But one thing NCR should have or should do, is to make a piece of paper with a quick presentation of how this "nerdy" thing works. I Mean, you pay big bucks for this thing it would be so easy to make a nice little folder, were they explain things, and the benefits of their "Crownhead" jewel.
When I finally got it mounted up, I was wondering quite a bit on why the gap between the crown head and upper and lower clamp was so big. The meassure between the clamps was also alot bigger than the stock triple.
Untill I found out, how easy it was to change the offset.

One thing I haven't found out yet, is how the heck my headlight/gauge bracket is mounted. There is a steering damper brakcet and a ignition lock bracket that comes with it. But thats for the Paul Smart/S model. But what about the Naked 1000. I dont have a clue :think:
And yeah, the pictures dosen't justify :)

Skinny vs Fattty. But how do I mount the headlight bracket :confused:

Here is a short and bad video of me mumbling. But you can see how easy it is to change the offset. Something NCR could "Brand" a little more about.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Skinny vs Fattty. But how do I mount the headlight bracket :confused:
Those are seriously nice. I'm not sure how you will mount the headlight bracket though, I think there are some options from the Monsters that clip directly to the forks that may be better suited?

·
301 Posts
Hi 22Duke,

Suould be quite easy to mount up the existing headlight bracket.

Lower Clamp;
Get a piece of flat bar aluminum bar and drill four holes in it. The two outer holes will screw into the existing holes and the two inner holes will pick up your bracket. You'll need a couple of nuts on the inside of the flat bar to screw the studs into. The flat bar acts as a bridge if you like and there will be room for the nuts behind the bar.

Upper Clamp;
The NCR clamp comes with mounting points for the ignition barrel. This happens to be the same spacing as the top of the head light bracket. Having not done this yet, you may need to put spacers in between the two depending on the relative heights of the top clamps.

Good luck with it all, it's going to be one hell of a bike!

Cheers,
SM

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi 22Duke,

Suould be quite easy to mount up the existing headlight bracket.

Lower Clamp;
Get a piece of flat bar aluminum bar and drill four holes in it. The two outer holes will screw into the existing holes and the two inner holes will pick up your bracket. You'll need a couple of nuts on the inside of the flat bar to screw the studs into. The flat bar acts as a bridge if you like and there will be room for the nuts behind the bar.

Upper Clamp;
The NCR clamp comes with mounting points for the ignition barrel. This happens to be the same spacing as the top of the head light bracket. Having not done this yet, you may need to put spacers in between the two depending on the relative heights of the top clamps.

Good luck with it all, it's going to be one hell of a bike!

Cheers,
SM
To make a bracket is no problems at all, it was more they told me that the triple came with everything that's needed. All the parts for the S model comes with it. Then they might as well could have supplied it with a small bracket for the naked
Version.

Btw. Do you have any torque numbers for triple, both for the stem and the fork bolts ?
And should I just choose the stock offset for "fresh" street riding ;-)

·
Registered
444 Posts
To make a bracket is no problems at all, it was more they told me that the triple came with everything that's needed. All the parts for the S model comes with it. Then they might as well could have supplied it with a small bracket for the naked
Version.

Btw. Do you have any torque numbers for triple, both for the stem and the fork bolts ?
And should I just choose the stock offset for "fresh" street riding ;-)
The NCR standard triple clamps for Sport 1000s or Paul smart is black.
Do you have to specify NCR Italy to have it in "aluminium color" ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The NCR standard triple clamps for Sport 1000s or Paul smart is black.
Do you have to specify NCR Italy to have it in "aluminium color" ?
It was actually Michele at NCR that offeret me that option. It has a surface treatment called "Nipploy" So it's not a traditional anodizing treatment it has got.
And the surface feels very very hard.
If you look at pictures of their NCR M4 model, it is the same surface colored clamp. A shame pictures doesn't justifie it. Becourse it is absolutely stunning to look at :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
It was actually Michele at NCR that offeret me that option. It has a surface treatment called "Nipploy" So it's not a traditional anodizing treatment it has got.
And the surface feels very very hard.
If you look at pictures of their NCR M4 model, it is the same surface colored clamp. A shame pictures doesn't justifie it. Becourse it is absolutely stunning to look at :)
Yes : I notice that on the new M4, you have the same triple clamp & forks bottom as the New Blue.
It is anodized black on the New Blue and "Titanium" on the M4 : I don't know that you can choose this option when you buy these parts !

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dominique, here is two pictures of the beast in different light. See the big distance between the upper and lower triple. It is massive, and I'll guess it can hold up any stress comming from the fork :)

Bolts dosen't come more sexy than this Ti-bolt :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts