Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
etting back into the sport bike side.
I love the look of both bikes the hyper 939 and the panigale 899 but cannot decide which to get. I have found a 2016 hyper and a 2015 pan both with the same low (4K) miles. The hyper is cheaper.
I’m not sure how long of rides I would be taking and I’m not one for high speeds 90+ I enjoy twists more. To me it seems like the simple choice is then the Hyper. But I currently have a Harley and I HATE the wind that hits you and makes it feel as if you doing 120 at 60 mph and I feel with no screen the hyper would really wear me out on longer rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the hyper 2016 is 8k but the 2015 pan wants 9700. Kinda feel like maybe that’s a rip?????

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want to do longer rides and don't want the wind in your face, check out the hyperstrada. Or you could just throw a windscreen on the hypermotard. If you've ridden the sport bikes before, you will already know that the panigale will feel like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True. How about the pricing? Do the pans really keep the value up that much compared to a hyper? Both are bone stock

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would think so. It seems that much of the resale value is derived from mileage. The Panigales I have seen for sale are still going for a pretty penny so I would assume that they are holding their value pretty well. No reason they shouldn't, they are definitely great bikes.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have 899, and I daily it. I do longer rides on it, too, but it is tiring after a while. Especially when you have to get somewhere on a freeway, which is totally boring to being with. Also, the wind protection is not that great. It's designed to become very aerodynamic with a rider full-tuck on it, so unless your chin is on the tank and your bum at the back of the seat, you don't get a lot of wind protection.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I think many riders get to the point you’re at sooner or later. You want a sporty bike, looks and performance wise, but you would like more wind protection and better ergonomics. Well dude, you’re going to have to compromise. I love my SS, but my body doesn’t. My compromise was to buy a Monster and fit a taller wind screen. I don’t do much slab work , but it’s an improvement from what I had. Sounds like you’d be happy with a Multi, but you don’t want to face it. That’s what I probably need too, but I refuse to do it. They’re butt ugly and way too tall for me. Good Luck with your choice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're a fool if you don't go ride the bikes and make a decision based on your personal experience. This isn't the type of decision a forum should make for you.

To me it sounds like you're not considering the right bikes anyway. I'd point you to a Multistrada which handles miles with ease with wind protection and has the power and suspension to easily embarrass 90% of the squid force you come across on any section of road.

·
Registered
406 Posts
etting back into the sport bike side.
I love the look of both bikes the hyper 939 and the panigale 899 but cannot decide which to get. I have found a 2016 hyper and a 2015 pan both with the same low (4K) miles. The hyper is cheaper.
I’m not sure how long of rides I would be taking and I’m not one for high speeds 90+ I enjoy twists more. To me it seems like the simple choice is then the Hyper. But I currently have a Harley and I HATE the wind that hits you and makes it feel as if you doing 120 at 60 mph and I feel with no screen the hyper would really wear me out on longer rides.
Put a screen on it. I have the MRA and it's fine = about the same as the strada stock. With that and the hand guards - it's all good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts