Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hyper 796 2012 its done 2500 mile. I noticed today that the oil glass had a small patch of milky residue in it, and that the oil was black. This concerned me, so I removed the oil filler cap and it also had milky residue in it.

I phoned my local dealer where the bike is from, and was told this is normal.

Is it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a hyper 796 2012 its done 2500 mile. I noticed today that the oil glass had a small patch of milky residue in it, and that the oil was black. This concerned me, so I removed the oil filler cap and it also had milky residue in it.

I phoned my local dealer where the bike is from, and was told this is normal.

Is it?
+ 1

I had same "problem". Dealer said it's moisture becase of short trips in could weather. Problem solved by driving 150km all milky cream was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
12,414 Posts
Blimey it is the Weather , all the moisture:D:D:D
Heat that puppy up run around in first or second gear for a while....
And some open the fill plug to let the moisture escape , BUT be sure to tighten it back up again after venting for a few minutes ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Watered down oil being churned up when you ride it.. It's like a foam that collects on the upper/non-circulated areas of you engine. No biggie!
Anyone who's owned an old Rabbit/Golf has probably seen it on their engines before! :)

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Don't even worry about it.

I get a heavy cream from 40min commutes in the winter. Last winter, I pulled the right cover to replace a leaky clutch hubs seal (dry clutch). The foam coated the entire cover, but the primary drive and all other bits on the crankcase side were coated in nice, clear oil.

Have a good one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts