Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an evoluzione slipper clutch on my bike. When I first start up my bike both the outer plate and the inner plate spin. When I ride in traffic for awhile and my engine starts to get really hot. I look down and see that the outer plate does NOT spin just the inner basket part and when i release the clutch 1st gear doesn't engage smoothly like when the engine is not very hot. It only has this problem in first gear. Anyone with a clutch like this that has a similar issue?

·
Registered
227 Posts
welcome to the evoluzione clutch pain in the ahh......first of all which bike do you have? Which weight are your primary and secondary spring?

I always get a lerchy first gear stunk noise with this clutch and I have a 999r. The fact that your pressure plate doesn't spin it means that the clutch is grabbing at neutral or when the clutch level is pulled in.

Since it is new, I would give it 200 miles to wear out the friction plates a little bit and see what happens. I also noticed that with an heavier primary spring (slipper spring) the clutch works better..I may actually go with a 80Kg now I have 70Kg stock is 60Kg

lemme know or PM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2003 999... So right after I wrote this post I got back on my bike and started it up and the engine light came on... what a day it was been haha. I just drove it about 1 mile turned it off ate dinner and when i came back and restarted the bike the engine light was off again. I have a feeling these 999's do not like the heat too well. It;s the only time I ever have issues with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I had it up to about 230 degrees on todays ride. A lot of traffic. Let it sit about 20 min and then that's when i started it back up. Engine temp was about 160. Fans were off. When I take it to the dealer for a oil change Ill make sure they take a look and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts