Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the O2 connector on the right side ? have to take off the R faring ? anyother advice from people that have installed it ? start with 13.4 ? 13.5 ? 13.2 ?

thx!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its on the right-hand side near the coolant reservoir and yes you need to take off the RH fairing. Trace the wire from the sensor and you'll hit the plug. its a bit pain to install since servo motor and its wiring gets in the way, and the far end of the original wire is a bit short and connector sticks outside just barely enough to plug the other end.

I started with the shipped settings halfway between 13.5 and 13.2 and left it there for now.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Any updates on how you guys have your Fat Duc settings dialed in?
For what it is worth, I took my side cover off and looked. The resistor is set pointing directly to the opposite "corner of the square" of the resistor that has the white dot.

The instructions I have indicate that what equate to 13.7-13.8 AFR by my guess. Clear as mud? I would take a picture but I don't think it would be detailed enough.

Oh, and the dealer did this before I picked it up new with the LV exhaust installed.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh well, here's a picture of the installation on mine.

One question, is the angular metal piece on the exhaust valve servo axle a stock piece or did my dealer add this to keep the servo from triggering the exhaust valve warning light on the dash? I have a cryptic message in my 848's paperwork with a picture of this metal bracket saying "Set to 1.3 on the dash (or as close as possible) (848)":confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thought I would bring this thread back.

Anyone else who is running a Fat Duc care of share their settings and provide some feedback?

I'm finally putting mine in next week. This Friday I install my 14T and dial in my suspension.

I was going to start with the 13.2-13.5 setting as cruncher mentioned.

My other question, is what we set it to the "commanded" AFR so to speakd or the AFR we want the ECU to think it's running at? It's the later correct? I presume the commanded AFR can only be changed in the ECU like a car...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed but not going to need it in a month or so...

So, I did the 14t mod, leo vince cf slip-on and everything was running fine but when I installed the k&n air filter, bike felt different...lost some pep I guess in the low gear low rpm...

After installing the fat duc with org. a/f settings...problem fixed...no cel...no issues...bike ran great...

But Fat Duc has to go when I get all the Bazzaz stuff put in...they use wide band O2 for autotune...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm still running with fatduc set between 13.2 and 13.5 AFR, works for me. I tried going lower towards 13 but couldn't tell any difference from the current settings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one on the way. Should be here Friday. I'm hoping that it cures my low end surge stumble problem.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Going to finally install mine today! I'm such a slacker lol.

I am still grey area on my other question:

"My other question, is what we set it to (The Fat Duc) the "commanded" AFR so to speak or the AFR we want the ECU to think it's running at? It's the later correct? I presume the commanded AFR can only be changed in the ECU like a car... "

If it runs in line with the o2, can someone who has tuned one of these tell me what the commanded AFR in the ECU is at these lower RPMs?

I suppose what I'm presuming is happening, is that say the ECU wants say 14.00 at 20% throttle at 3500 RPM. This Fat Duc is what we use to lean out the readings from the o2. So if the o2 is saying it's running at the commanded 14.00 AFR, we can lean that out and thus make the ECU *think* the o2 is giving a reading of 14.4 thus causing the ECU to give more fuel and give us an actual AFR of 13.6?

Is this correct?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes it fakes the ECU in to richening up the mixture and I got mine installed last night. I rode it for about 3 hours today. Much improved over the problems I had. Between 3 and 4k rpm's, it doesn't stumble or surge at all. It still has a hint of stumble/surge around 4-4.5k though. I believe this to be when the valve opens up completely. I'm going to get the carbon piece on ebay and remove the cables this weekend maybe. So for $80 , I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just finished installing mine, and my batter tender on the other side too lol.

I set the Fat Duc to what appears to be about 13.35 according to the dial.

I let it warm up and did a quick test ride around the block. I didn't ride too much but I could tell it was smoother in the lower RPMs. It felt like I could actually slowly roll the throttle and accelerate where as before it would feel like I was doggin it so bad I HAD to downshift lol.

I've only ridden it 5 miles since installing my 14T sprocket and .2 miles with the Fat Duc. I'll ride it for a couple hundred tomorrow and post back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts