Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just took possession of a 2010 1100 SP last week and it came with a full GPR Furore exhaust system. ..... still in the box, never installed, but with no instructions. You'd think I'd be able to figure it out, but 5 hours later all I've got is a garage floor covered in parts. I've searched hi and low on line for downloadable instructions, or even images, but nothing of any use. Its the system that retains the original look of the original with two cans under the seat. Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just looking at the pipes in your first picture, my guess would be:

Long single pipe (3rd from the left) - goes from front cylinder along the bottom of the bike to somewhere near the rearsets

Short curved pipe (2nd from the left) - goes from rear cylinder down to finish somewhere near the end of first pipe, with both pipes exiting parallel to each other

Join pipe (1st from the left) - joins the first two pipes and goes up to where the subframe meets the frame

Link pipe (4th from the left) - single end goes from the join pipe and follows the subframe before it splits

Mufflers go on the split ends of the link pipe. There would be some kind of bracket or other attachment to secure the mufflers to the tail unit / subframe

That's clearly a registration plate bracket in the middle, which would attach to the underside of either the muffler or the tail.

Can't really see the parts in the bag but you'd just get the major parts in position and then see where the little bits go. Springs will obviously attach at the loops near the pipe joins, there's probably a flange in there to attach to the rear cylinder (like the one for the front cylinder that's already on the long pipe). Brackets etc will go wherever it looks like their shape is suited.

As far as overall procedure, I'd just follow the service manual procedure to remove the existing exhaust system and then do it in reverse with the new parts. It won't be exactly on point but at least it's a start, and it'll tell you what other parts you need to get out of the way.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this, its very logical, and its pretty much what I tried/assumed yesterday unfortunately. I took the oem system off and assembled it again on the floor, trying to simulate with the new system. It just doesn't jive. The long piece definitely comes from the from header to the back, and the piece with 3 open ends and the curved part definitely attaches to the cans, but the 2 other pieces simply don't seem to bring it all together. What I'm actually going to try next is using the oem header pipes and see if I can work from there. I'm looking for that "ahhhhhh" moment, but I cant seem to find it. I have a feeling I'm only going to get the answers from either a full instruction booklet/pdf or from someone who's done it themselves. It just seems really weird that I can't find anywhere, not even on the GPR website, an illustration of the simple breakdown of parts for a full system. Everything seems to be slip-ons.

Cheers
Just looking at the pipes in your first picture, my guess would be:

Long single pipe (3rd from the left) - goes from front cylinder along the bottom of the bike to somewhere near the rearsets

Short curved pipe (2nd from the left) - goes from rear cylinder down to finish somewhere near the end of first pipe, with both pipes exiting parallel to each other

Join pipe (1st from the left) - joins the first two pipes and goes up to where the subframe meets the frame

Link pipe (4th from the left) - single end goes from the join pipe and follows the subframe before it splits

Mufflers go on the split ends of the link pipe. There would be some kind of bracket or other attachment to secure the mufflers to the tail unit / subframe

That's clearly a registration plate bracket in the middle, which would attach to the underside of either the muffler or the tail.

Can't really see the parts in the bag but you'd just get the major parts in position and then see where the little bits go. Springs will obviously attach at the loops near the pipe joins, there's probably a flange in there to attach to the rear cylinder (like the one for the front cylinder that's already on the long pipe). Brackets etc will go wherever it looks like their shape is suited.

As far as overall procedure, I'd just follow the service manual procedure to remove the existing exhaust system and then do it in reverse with the new parts. It won't be exactly on point but at least it's a start, and it'll tell you what other parts you need to get out of the way.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yeah it's hard to tell from the picture but I wasn't 100% sure about how the bends of the middle bits would go together.

This is for the Arrow full system that also follows the OEM exhaust pathing, it's the pipe from the rear cylinder that doesn't seem to reconcile with the GPR kit:

Good luck with it, I hope you find your 'Eureka' moment soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Times like these I usually close up the garage for the night, go back down the next morning with a cup of coffee in hand & presto, it all comes together.

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Which system is it and are you 100% sure it has all the necessary parts in it? If it's missing something there's no way in the world it's going to make sense! lol I've been looking at GPR myself, hope it all comes together at some point...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I might have had a break thru. Haven't had the time to 100% verify but it seems that the "full" system might well be a 75% system. Looks like if I retain the rear header pipe and the pipe that connects the cat to the cans, this might work out. Then of course there's figuring out all the brackets and attachment points. I'll post pics this weekend. Thanks for the replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts