Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

I noticed today that the exhaust pipe coming from the front cyl isn't as hot as the one from the upper cyl. It had sat for about 5 min when i checked though.

I haven't noticed any missfirings and the engine seems to run as it should.

Now the pipe from the front cyl runs under the engine and is partly exposed to the airflow which should cool it down a bit and the other runs around in the fearings but should the difference be that noticeable???

thx for any suggestions

regards
/Nathaniel

·
Registered
279 Posts
it gets airflow directly on it plus airflow throug the front of the fairings. it should be quite a bit cooler. how are you measuring the temp difference? honestly if the bike runs fine why would you assume it's a problem?

I would totally expect the front cylinder exhaust pipe to be cooler than the rear which is in a confined space with much less airflow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it gets airflow directly on it plus airflow throug the front of the fairings. it should be quite a bit cooler. how are you measuring the temp difference? honestly if the bike runs fine why would you assume it's a problem?

I would totally expect the front cylinder exhaust pipe to be cooler than the rear which is in a confined space with much less airflow.
I should have added the comment, "or am I just paranoid" :)

I just checked by touch.

reason why I was wondering is that on my old 4 cyl that was a pretty clear sign of ignition failure. On the other hand it was a naked bike and pipes ran symmetrically on left an right side of the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes it will be cooler. i noticed the same thing long ago and freeked out:eek:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I think we all noticed this and freaked. Don't forget the bends in the exhaust and how one tends to form condensation differently than the other. I thought it was a bad gasket. THAT threw me for a loop, lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think we all noticed this and freaked. Don't forget the bends in the exhaust and how one tends to form condensation differently than the other. I thought it was a bad gasket. THAT threw me for a loop, lol.

thx for the reassuring comments guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts