Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 SF848 and recently have encountered the following error codes and issue:
P0141
Lambda sensor heater front cylinder
- short circuit positive
- open circuit
- short circuit negative
P0335
Crankshaft sensor
- sensor malfunction
P0560
ECM power supply
- Circuit malfunction
P0135
Lambda sensor heater
- circuit malfunction
Blinking fuel gage
Happens sporadically

I installed a new battery over the winter and had it trickle charging until now. The engine runs fine and it starts fine. I erased the codes and went for a 30min drive and gave it some power. All errors were gone except for P0560.

NOTE: I have an SC Project CRT exhaust installed 3 years ago. Required flashing of the ECU which I did (flashed termi map), and install Ducee to remove check engine light for servo motor.

I looked online, but can't find anything specific. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Check your grounds for corrosion. I'd clean them even if they look clean. Sometimes a clear glaze forms and can cause a bad ground. Don't forget the positive connections as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your grounds for corrosion. I'd clean them even if they look clean. Sometimes a clear glaze forms and can cause a bad ground. Don't forget the positive connections as well.

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to do this tomorrow. And when you say clean the grounds, do you mean the ground on the battery, or all grounds? If all ground, how can I know where they all are.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Clean the ground at the battery and where it connects to the bike. The ECU has its own ground that connects near it. You can trace the main earth/ground or you might be able to find a wiring schematic online. But tracing them and finding them isn't to difficult. If the ECU ground becomes loose or corroded it's known to cause all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can also connect the OBDII cables that connect to the VDST port that you use to flash your ECU. If this fixes it, then you know it's a bad ECU ground.

If this is the case, I can help you build a new one fairly easily.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When you have the ODB II connected, do you still have issues?

The reason I am asking is because your ODB II provides an ECU ground, and if the ECU is functioning properly with it connected vs. not it usually means the internal ECU ground is fried.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so when the OBD II is connected, the check engine light is not on, and the fuel indicator is not flashing. when I turn the engine and rev it a bit the lights go off. but with the engine off, I've tested the fuel pump on the TuneECU app and all is good, which I'd assume means the ecu is working fine.

I was working on it yesterday, and realized that when the engine is and those lights go off, my high beam light stops working, but all other lights are fine (ie. font and rear turn signals, brake lights). I have rizoma led turn signals in the front, wondering that could be an issue. I'll check the ecu ground, do you know where that is located? I don't see other grounds other than the one on the battery terminal

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured out the problem. It's the voltage regulator. The battery reading on the dash jumps to 14.7v when you rev, and then says HI. I ordered a replacement. I'll post an update after installation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it was definitely the voltage regulator. I got the new part today and just finished installing it. It started fine and everything looks good. No error codes being thrown, and the blinking/flashing fuel indicator stopped flashing.

This is what the old voltage regulator/rectifier looked like. I have no idea how that happened

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts