Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello esteemed Streetfighter gurus, I have a question I was hoping you could help with. In the process of installing an integrated tail light I had to remove the DP fender eliminator kit and six extra spacers came falling out of the tail of my bike unexpectedly. Now I can't figure out how to reassemble.

http://www.ducatiusa.com/accessories/streetfighter/aluminium_number_plate_holder_32/index.do

I've done a bunch of searching here and on the Ducati website for instructions, but have come up try. Anyone have a tip or two? What I'd consider a decent design would simply have all the spacers and subplates as one assembly, but c'est la vie. Now I can't seem to reassemble things in the right placement, and it's very frustrating that everything wants to simply fall out the bottom of the bike if I don't have four hands on it at all times. Help me with the order and placement of spacers and layers?

Fasteners
-----------
4x identical bolts, no problems there
4x identical nuts that appear to be welded to frame, no problem

Layers (And guessed at order, from top)
----------------------------------
1) Frame of bike
2) Loose metal "U" plate
3) Plastic piece under tail
4) Tail tidy frame license plate and signals attach to.

Spacers
---------
a) 4x identical "T" spacers - looking at the dirt pattern I assume these go with the wide part facing down on the top of layer #4
b) 2x identical "t" spacers - looking at these I'm not sure but I think the short ends are inserted in the two rearmost holes of layer #3

Thanks much, and apologies if my search-fu was bad and there's an instruction PDF somewhere I missed.

-a

1 - 1 of 1 Posts