Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '02 ST4S and I'm getting coolant leaking from this rubber connection, I believe it called the cooler-heads hose. I tried putting a new hose and clamp several times to no success. It only leaks when the bike is running at speed, actually spraying out under pressure is more accurate. It won't leak at all while idling in the garage, also while bike is sitting over night no puddles under the bike. any suggestions without having to do major surgery?

Attachments

·
Mr Leakered
8,896 Posts
Maybe the union is cracked? Also, there is an o-ring between the union and the head. Is it in good condition?

With a new hose, I'm assuming there is no interal split that would have coolant spraying out the fabric layer.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sure the new hose is the right diameter? I had a parts store give me the wrong size once. You said you replaced the hose clamps so that's probably not it although sometimes those types of hose clamps have the screw threads strip out.

·
Super Moderator
5,397 Posts
Is the coolant coming from the connection at the thermostat housing or the metal union? My bet is the thermostat connection...the hose looks like it could be slid down a bit more then the hose clamp would be below the flare or "barb." From your picture, it looks like the lower clamp is not set as tight as the upper clamp.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree - looks like the hose could be slid down a little. Where did you get the hose - is it a Duc hose? I recently replaced all of mine with OEM hoses and didn't have any leakage issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts