Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a set of clip-ons to reduce the pressure on my hands.
Last summer, I managed to break my hands and several fingers. I am 90% back to normal but the aggressive riding position of the 1098 is causing me some paint. I came across a few clip-on that claim to reduce the angle by 7 degrees, is this what I am looking for? How difficult are clip-ons to install?

Here is an example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-748-996-749-999-1098-RACING-CLIP-ON-HANDLEBARS-B_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem5ad0607986QQitemZ390043040134QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I haven't done this on a 1098 but on a 748/916/etc they are very easy. Just loosen the bolts that are holding the bar in place and slide them out carefully. Loosen the bolts holding the clip-ons to the folks and they will unfold.

Putting the new ones on is just a reverse operation (just make sure they are symmetrical on both sides lol). It is important to check lock-to-lock steering after you install the new ones (with your riding gloves on) to ensure your hands clear everything and to ensure no hoses or wires are interfering in any way.

With my bar-risers and racing gloves on I can actually hit the mirror with the back of my hand now before reaching full lock so extra care in parking lots is necessary for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading some more, it seems the Speedymoto Triple Clamp is a better solution, the problem is that the part seems to be on back order.

Any idea where I can get a set from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts