Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 hyper

So I got a replacement 12BBS. Filled it as per instruction and waited min 20 minutes to charge. Using a .75 Battery Tender trickle charger. Left it on the battery overnight. Light was still showing charging after 12 hours. Solid red. Should do green. Do I need a different charger. Any input appreciated. Battery reads 12.76 volts.

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
A new battery will take longer than expected to do the first charge with a trickle charger.
I had mine on a trickle charger for longer that 12 hours after a 4 hour trailer ride in FRIGID Febuary weather Real cold not the U.S.A. cold.
You will be OK Me thinks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I had ot on for another 3 hours and the light finally whent green. Seems to crank OK.

·
Registered
253 Posts
And what makes you believe this is a lithium ion battery (or lithium iron if that's what you meant)?

Simple...it's because he said in this thread that he ordered an Antigravity battery and trickle charger for it. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/659993-antigravity-battery.html

Unless there's another "jga" on this board.

"I ordered the 16 cell plus a lithium tickle charger. So as there is a drain from the immobilizer it should be in a trickle charger. Is that correct? I suppose the other option would be to disconnect it when the bike is in storage.

I am a 3 season rider only. However on trips when making an early start it does get down to aroung 45 some times in spring and fall, so the 2 minute warmup at start will be required"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
This us a spare lead acid battery we are talking about. I have a Antigravity on order.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its been a shity spring here. Not much riding. With a nice long weekend coming up with sunny weather I had to ride. So I went to Canadian Tire and got an Eliminator lead acid for $90. A bit of a waist but at least I had 3 glorious rides in. I realy don't know when the antigravity will arrive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts