Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. A recent elbow injury puts me in a desperate search for a way to sit more upright on my '98 FE without too badly affecting handling. Cycle Cat seems like it would offer the most relief, but unless I'm mistaken, they stopped making them for these models.

Any one out there who can point me in the right direction, or has something to sell me, please let me know or PM me! :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oncycles doesn't have 'em and won't be getting more. My understanding is that Heli helps but really not that much. Any one out there want to correct me on the Heli impression?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Motowheels, SMP bars, clip ons. You may have to grind some material away to fit your front brake master cylinder. Just like the Cycle cats, you have to drill them and pin them. http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=38%7CAluminum%20Billet&productID=6703&showDetail=1&categoryID=46|Ducati%20SS%20Billet&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=38%7CAluminum%20Billet

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've had Helis on my 900sp for several years. They made a big difference from stock but there's not much adjustability in them. Convertibars make a very adjustable set of clipons that might work better. Clearance around the windscreen will be the limiting factor.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Oncycles doesn't have 'em and won't be getting more. My understanding is that Heli helps but really not that much. Any one out there want to correct me on the Heli impression?

Thanks!
heli bars worked fine for me. I dont know what adjustability you really need if they just raise the bar at the exact same angle?

They are a tad pricey, but if you look around, used can be had used.

I love mine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Greetings. A recent elbow injury puts me in a desperate search for a way to sit more upright on my '98 FE without too badly affecting handling. Cycle Cat seems like it would offer the most relief, but unless I'm mistaken, they stopped making them for these models.

Any one out there who can point me in the right direction, or has something to sell me, please let me know or PM me! :eek:
I think the only current options (new) are speedymoto, Ferracci, and possibly woodcrafts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts