Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing my evo tech tidy tail last night I snapped the head off the bolt that holds the rear left exhaust panel on, which also holds the battery tie down on as well.

Is there a certain way to take it off with out snapping it?

Is there any place online where I can order OEM hardware?

The bolt is still in and tie down tight, but the panel is not really solid. Debating drilling it out with an easy out or letting the dealer check it out during the 600 mile service. I can take pics later on.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did this too when I was taking my battery out for winter storage. If I recall correctly, there is a nut below the mounting tab for this bolt that needs to be removed or loosened first. As you've noticed, the aluminum bolts are way too soft and I'm sure it didn't take much force to snap it. I checked w/ my dealer and they could order parts, but I just did the hardware store routine and got it solved. I also had a difficult time finding specific parts like this online. I can take a quick pic if you like but its really straight forward.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
The nut on the bottom must be removed first while holding the bolt stationary.Then the bolt can be removed.Basically the bolt is threaded through a captured nut in the subframe then the nut is added to hold the battery holddown.Since you snapped the head off you may be able to thread it out through the bottom using the nut(I believe it's a nylock).By the way, the bolts are steel not aluminum.You guys are just animals.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts