Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Can't argue with the Kukri style there...I have one on my 999 also in black. A customer has one like the star one you have posted here with an open face cover as well that looks cool. I'll snap a pair of pics so you can see what they both look like...I need a break right now from all this stress so I'll go ahead and do it now and post back in a bit...

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't argue with the Kukri style there...I have one on my 999 also in black. A customer has one like the star one you have posted here with an open face cover as well that looks cool. I'll snap a pair of pics so you can see what they both look like...I need a break right now from all this stress so I'll go ahead and do it now and post back in a bit...
Thank you very much....

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Ok this one is a pretty open cover with a Mad Duc pressure plate like the star one above. Not sure who makes the cover on this as I didn't buy it, it came in a box of parts before I stripped the bike and there didn't seem to be any markings on it that I recall but it's fairly sturdy.

This one is on my 999S, it's a Cycle Cat cover powdered in black with a gold Speedymoto Kukri plate behind it. The plate came from my 748 when I bought it and was originally red. It was chipped and faded so I went to have it re-anodized for my 999. The guy told me to clear it so that it wouldn't chip or fade easily and last much longer. So I did and so far it holds up great.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
They are not on the site yet. I'll be putting it on the website this weekend.
We probably won't see them here until the end of the month. We are getting a thicker version than the one pictured. It is pre-preg CF with an automotive clearcoat to protect it against UV.

Retail is $149
Forum member price is probably $10 less.
We are getting about 5 of them.

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Is it thick enough to protect in a mild low side?
It should be.
It is 3.5-4mm thick pre-preg carbon- the same as the ones used on the race bikes. It will be stronger than an aluminum piece that is the same thickness. It won't be as strong as fully supported cover that goes all the way around - but it should be as strong as those other 1/2 covers that you are looking at.

Plus the CF won't wedge itself into the pressure plate if it does fail.

If you get a pressure plate that has recessed spring perches, it should provide additional protection. So will non folding rear sets and under body sliders.

-M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts