Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2000 996 and need to fix something. The turn signals work great in the front but the rears are weak. The bike came with an evolucion turn indicator kit. It's supposed to make the tail lights blink instead of using rear turn idicators. When I turn the turn indicators on, there is only a faint blink and it looks like both lights are blinking. The Ducati shop wants to charge me 2 hours work at $70 per hour. Ouch!!!

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

V.Muth

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the same problem. I bought an LED tail light from Custom Dynamics. http://www.customdynamics.com/ducati_led_tail_light.htm They may be more than you want to spend, but are 100% better than what you have now. Also, they yellow turn signals that are integrated in the tail lights are far superior to the red that you have now. Other than that, I don't know of any other solutions. I did find, however, that the tailights would get brighter the longer they blinked, like the element had to heat up to shine bright enough. PS you do not need the load equalizer. I didn't use one & the blinking rate is the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts