Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DucSTL Club Members:

Now that it seems like we are up and rolling, I am going to make a plea for us to start getting organized the way we are expected to be as an official DOC.
As a chartered DOC Club, there are a number of leadership positions that need to be filled by members on a yearly basis. Their are written bylaws that we need to follow. We'll need to start collecting yearly dues at some point so that we have money in the treasury for club activities, etc. We need a Club logo, patches, stickers, T-shirts, business cards, to promote our club. As President, I can't run this alone. I need guys who will take on some jobs. i.e. We'll need a Vice-President. Chris Ryan, current VP, will be leaving for school in FL. We'll keep him on as a member, but he won't be available to remain as VP. We need a Secretary to take meeting minutes, handle correspondence, etc. A Treasurer, 2 Road Bosses=(Safety riders for group rides) {a good job for you Fred}, Event Planner, WebMaster, etc. Any member with experience can run for office and all of these positions will be filled by voting on by the membership. So, Please think about what you can offer and lend a hand. The sooner we get organized, the sooner we will grow and become WHAT I ENVISIONED WHEN I BEGAN THIS CLUB- THE PREMIER MOTORCYCLE CLUB IN MISSOURI. MADOG in KC has over 400 members. Many are going again to Indy and to WPM (World Presidents Meeting) and WDW (World Ducati Weekend) in Italy. These are trips that I'd like to build us up to be able to go on. Who wouldn't like to go to Borgo Panigale and have a private tour of the factory and the Corse shop? Which is not open to the public tour. Only DOC members can get a tour of Corse. Once we get organized, we can add new members and become a strong club. I've already made contact with our new Regional Sales Rep and he will help promote our club. I've been in contact with Vicki Smith, head of DOC N.A. since I worked for her at last years race and she's looking forward to helping us grow. Hence her opening up working positions for us at this years Indy Moto GP again. Work 2, 2-3 hour shifts for free Admission & Grandstand tickets, Ducati Island Parking, meeting with racers, etc. No scrambling to Ducati Indy to hopefully get a parking pass. It's all pre-arranged, tickets waiting at will call window. This year I've got Robert Bullivant set-up to work for a free packet. By working for Ducati at the event, all you have to pay for is your room and food. plus you get to keep the Staff T-Shirts and hats they issue the workers. Not to mention the exposure you get to the Ducati N.A. people and the rest of the Ducatisti you get to meet. It's a lot of fun, and beats watching the time trials and warm ups.. So, think about it for next year. I'd like to be able to have a good number of us go out together, a group ride there and back. We could have a booth for the weekend and sell our own club logo items, like the other clubs do.

·
Registered
234 Posts
perhaps at our first meeting we can discuss club positions and elect officials to those positions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just registered on the forum and I'm interested in membership in the DucSTL club. I've run into a few other Ducati riders that are looking for a group too. I think there is a good future for the club. I'd be interested in a position in the club too, but I travel so much for work, I likely wouldn't be very reliable.

More immeadiate though is the ride to the Moto GP race in Indy. Is that for all Ducatista or just club members? I'm going to the race and I think a group ride would be fun. I've been watching the forum, but I haven't seen anything since the original post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts