Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the original battery about a month ago with a new AGM battery after the original died. Went for a ride where I started and stopped it at least 10-15 times and everything worked fine. Parked it with a tender and now when I tried to start the bike the starter spins and engages intermitantly for a split second but not enough to start the bike. Any ideas?? The fuel pump primes and the battery is fully charged.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I had starting problems with my 02-ST4s when an after market device which allowed the bike to be started with the kick stand down malfunctioned. Once the device was removed, the bike started OK. As I recall, the MY 03 needs no such device to be able to start with hthe kickstand down.

Check the cable connections at your battery terminals. My last starting problems began after I had disconnected the cables because I had failed to tighten one of the cables at the terminal when I reconnected the cables.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing checked, connections are fine. I used the bike after installing the new battery with no issues. By the way Bill how you doing after the get off?

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
First thing checked, connections are fine. I used the bike after installing the new battery with no issues. By the way Bill how you doing after the get off?
The ribs are no problem, but the clavicle/shoulder area still hurts and does not have full range of motion. The area just below my left hip also hurts. The doctor thinks the blow to that area may have given me bursitis.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to have you back posting Bill. I had a shoulder/clavicle injury 15 years back in an unfortunate meeting with a car and after months of rehab was able to get about 97% mobility back. Take your time healing.

Well I decided to teach that ST4s thing a lesson so I threw my Odyssey battery from my 916 onto it and the thing fired immediately. I don't have a load tester but have to assume that the new AGM battery I bought is toast after one ride. I guess they don't make batteries like they used to. I'll have to check the voltage on the charging system once I get a new battery to make sure it's charging properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts