Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even have the bike yet...Getting it this Sat the 22nd..

CF Exhaust/Seat/CF this and CF that/Ducati Helmet/Rear Hugger/Seat Cowl/Steering dampener...I keep adding things to my wish list on ebay...

;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need a wife/gf, I am convinced it is the only way. I don't have one and my bikes keep stealing all of my money for parts and upgrades! There is no hope on your own, and the internets make your addiction worse. My friend who has a Multi, M900, and a little chopper, and wants a Sumo had his wife tell him that I am not allowed to get any more bikes, because every time I get one, he does too!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the Ebay addiction for CF as well....I feel your pain

·
Registered
117 Posts
The evil Stink-eye from a wife will cure that real quickly!

·
Registered
94 Posts
The evil Stink-eye from a wife will cure that real quickly!
Stock - welcome to the very-large club of similar people! We love our bikes, and derive real pleasure from improving them. My condolences Silver on your somewhat bleak observation! Let's hope Stock finds a partner who, like mine, is happy for him to spend HIS money on such things, as long as it makes him happy (separate finances are the shot)! $11,000 on the 1098S and still going at it. She's not entirely convinced of the need for the CMC brake rotors (or the magnesium swing-arm...) but the big-ticket items need to be eased in over a period of time..! Enjoy your new 848 - they are a mighty GOOD THING.:D:D

·
Registered
525 Posts
My wife went home to France for the summer before she left she told me "Now don't buy any more motorcycles while I'm gone!":rolleyes:

"Yes my love"

She didn't say anything about parts! I tell her it keeps me celibate while shes gone because I'm too broke to even buy nice girl a drink at the bar. Hell have you seen the price of a drink these days!...Why, I can buy a titanium engine bolt for that!

·
Registered
217 Posts
LOL...you're killin' me....I get the look from my wife too...but then she doesn't say a WORD about it....she knows I'll remind her of who's bringing home the bacon....I just explain that I 'll sell off some old parts or "You won't believe what a GREAT DEAL I got from this guy", etc, etc....she just says "uhuh" & drops it...IF it EVER came down to pickin, she knows she'ld lose....my LIFE is bikes...you either accept it or the door is that way....She wasn't thrilled when I contemplated selling the RSVR for a car for her & then started looking online for a Ducati...she knew what was gonna happen...I tell her, "At least I THOUGHT about getting you a new car, but I REALLY NEED another bike...I'll sell some old parts & this guy is givin' me a GREAT DEAL".....she just rolled her eyes....Man I LOVE her!!
-I explained that if she wanted a car that badly, she should seek employment, as my PASSION isn't gonna provide us with tons of excess money. Ya, I know, I'm a dick, but SHE has a Architectural Engineering degree. I have to deploy to the frickin' Middle East every other year for my money, and MY bonuses are for ME (after all, I'm paying for it, being over there, so I'm gonna enjoy it, when I'm here)
-And PLEASE, I don't need to hear about a volunteer force, you knew there was a chance of deploying, blah, blah...I joined in 12/1999...PRE 9/11...after 9/11 I thought I might deploy once, maybe twice...but I'm getting ready for my 5th tour this January! And 68% of the Army has NEVER deployed ONCE...WTF? Talk about burnout! My dad keeps asking how many more x's are they gonna send you B4 you don't come home....2.5 yrs & I'm out!

·
Registered
429 Posts
My wife went home to France for the summer before she left she told me "Now don't buy any more motorcycles while I'm gone!":rolleyes:

"Yes my love"

She didn't say anything about parts! I tell her it keeps me celibate while shes gone because I'm too broke to even buy nice girl a drink at the bar. Hell have you seen the price of a drink these days!...Why, I can buy a titanium engine bolt for that!

LMAO..........Maybe we should start a eBay support program EASAP eBay addicted shoppers anonymous program.
Damn you eBay, I can't stop clicking on that bid now buttom.

I've got this from eBay not to long ago :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
pvflyer....VERY NICE INDEED!!!! OUCH....I think to think of the winning bid #s on that!

·
Registered
429 Posts
pvflyer....VERY NICE INDEED!!!! OUCH....I think to think of the winning bid #s on that!
I was the only bidder :eek::D so wasn't bad. I'm happy with the purchase thanks. The faring is so light it is freaking awesome way lighter then the OEM ones.

Like you I also have a CF addiction....Oh I love the smell of carbon fiber in the morning!

Be safe on your next tour, God bless.

Best Regards

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ya, I LOVE the look of carbon, but can't afford to go your route...I like the replica looks to moto's...I dunno. I guess if I can't afford a MOTO GP bike...I can @ least look at two that LOOK it every morning...
Thanks for the well-wishes! I'm gonna miss ridin for another year. I got home last Nov (to NY) & went riding in 29 degree weather (I had the itch so bad after 15 months)...my wife & the locals around here thought I was crazy!!
- I explained to them that I am a RIDER, not just a motorcycle OWNER...
I got mad respect from the Harley guys wearing their leather jackets in the bar, with NO bike outside....They looked @ my helmet & asked "You rode here?"...."Yep" was my only reply....free beer for me! (I laughed)

·
Registered
525 Posts
My wife is so great I am going to get her one of these for Christmas and put it under the tree with a big bow on it.

Think she'll like it? I know I will...that is some sexy ass shit right there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess I got lucky

Like every other Ducati rider out there, not only is it pure pleasure to ride but to improve on as well. We all have our preferred places to shop for parts and the internet makes it so much easier. I just e-mailed the links to my loving girlfriend and lo and behold there was a new box in the mail a few weeks later with a "If it makes you happy, and it's what you really wanted then I'm happy." Who knew these things actually happened.:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am married w/3 kids...

My wife rides too, so I guess she understands...I'm guessing...

I bought a Ducati Arai RX-7 2009 for $589, good deal I think, she saw the helmet yesterday and said I don't want to know how much that was...I do feel bad, since I only spent $109 on her helmet...

I guess this is my bling...

:D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hehe. My girlfriend started riding about 1.5 year ago, and she's hooked now too.

We work in the same building, so its funny to walk over to her office and catch her surfing for $450 Alpinestars boots or something...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Your not going to get any help here, just encouragement to buy more and more! A tip from someone who has been there done that, don't buy from a Ducati dealer unless you have to, almost anything they have can be bought for far less somewhere else, and you can usually find out where after about 20 mins on the internet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a beautiful sunny day my wife and I walked past a stunning Black / Red 1098 s on our way to lunch.
I told her how I thought this was the ultimate bike.

On the way back from a great seafood lunch and a bottle of Chardonnay:)
she said if it made me happy I should get one.:rolleyes:
As we were admiring the bike again we got talking to the owner of the shop who also owned the Duc. She was near new but he needed to cash up.

Long story Short..........She's MIIIIIINE.:eek:

Then the Carbon fibre and billet alloy story is going on.
Always with my wife's encouragement.

How can you not stay married ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
As we were admiring the bike again we got talking to the owner of the shop who also owned the Duc. She was near new but he needed to cash up.

Long story Short..........She's MIIIIIINE.:eek:

How can you not stay married ?
Your wife bought you the restaurant??!!!:eek:

:D just kidding - awesome!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
All the thanks in the world for protecting us and our freedom. Buy all the CF you want but remember, you married her for a reason. You may always have a bike, you may not always find a tolerant wife to come home to. I really hope it all works out for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts