Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me start by saying I am not very mechanical and I am painfully aware of this fact.

I order a Comp Werkes FE for my 1100 and was going to have my dealer install it. Once it arrived the instructions looked so simple that I got out the tool set and went to work. '

It was easy enough and took me about an hour to install. Now however, the seat lock isnt working. What can I do? How can I get the seat off to fix the problem?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You will likely have to remove the CW fender eliminator kit to access the lock. then it's a simple matter of pulling on the release cable to unlock your seat.

The next step is to see why your seat lock isn't pulling on the release cable and fix it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You will likely have to remove the CW fender eliminator kit to access the lock. then it's a simple matter of pulling on the release cable to unlock your seat.

The next step is to see why your seat lock isn't pulling on the release cable and fix it.
I found when I installed my kit it was harder to put on the seat and take it off. One trick I learned was to push down on the seat while turning the lock to un latch it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does the key not turn at all, or does it turn, but not release the seat? I have the same fender eliminator kit, and had a little trouble myself installing it. You have to make sure you install the release cable correctly into the key mechanism. It's hard to explain, but you have to turn the key a little, and then insert the little black cylindrical piece into the slot. If you just mess around with it for a while, you should be able to figure it out. And make sure the key works before reinstalling. g/l

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does the key not turn at all, or does it turn, but not release the seat? I have the same fender eliminator kit, and had a little trouble myself installing it. You have to make sure you install the release cable correctly into the key mechanism. It's hard to explain, but you have to turn the key a little, and then insert the little black cylindrical piece into the slot. If you just mess around with it for a while, you should be able to figure it out. And make sure the key works before reinstalling. g/l
+1

There should be tension on the cable even when not being turned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts