Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, long stupid story short- I bought a used damper from John, got the scotts mounting kit in today, took off the main shaft nut to remove the link arm and put the other one on, grabbed the remover in doing so knocked the skinny little nut off of the work bench, landed perfectly on its side, then fu*kin rolled right to the garage drain, dropped through the slots and is now gone for ever! Shit!

I'm so close to getting my bike back togeather- Scotts is closed for the holiday weekend, etc. etc.

Do any of you fine people have an extra nut? I will happily paypal you $5 for the nut and the $ for overnight shipping costs- Please! I'm so damn close!

Dodd

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
maybe you can retrieve the nut with a string & a magnet? might be worth a try, Aloha Alex

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
+1 on the fishing trip.The magnets on the bottom of Sonicare electric toothbrush heads are super strong and small so I always pop them off and save them when I replace the brushheads. I would tie on one of these along with a couple of splitshot and go fishing! It's most likely that the nut is sitting in the same spot the weighted magnet will fall.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its gone. Damn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts