Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of changing the oil on my ST4s and need to know if the Long Oil Filter located behind the large cap screw should be removed and cleaned?

Or do yopu just remove the cap screw, let the remainder of the oil drain, and put a new crush washer on?

If I need to remove the long filter, does it just unscrew with the same 14mm allen key as the cap screw?

**NOTE** The long filter I am talking about is located on page 32 of the Ducati parts manual. # 894.2.009.1A

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
jh225 said:
I am in the middle of changing the oil on my ST4s and need to know if the Long Oil Filter located behind the large cap screw should be removed and cleaned?

Or do yopu just remove the cap screw, let the remainder of the oil drain, and put a new crush washer on?

If I need to remove the long filter, does it just unscrew with the same 14mm allen key as the cap screw?

**NOTE** The long filter I am talking about is located on page 32 of the Ducati parts manual. # 894.2.009.1A
The 'long filter' you refer to is really a fine screen. You don't have to service it every oil change, but there's no harm in doing so. I think they recommend checking it every other oil change, but I check it every oil change myself.

Anyway, yes, it unscrews with the same 14mm allen key that you used for the cover. When putting it back, I alway torque it to the same specification as the outer cover.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts