Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I didn't think my introduction post would be of this variety. I bought my 2007 SC last weekend. Due to weather restraints I've had seat time of about an hour.

I wheeled her out this morning, polished her up and she's looking schmick. I then tried to re-start her and no go. The yellow light comes on which i think is maintenance. Doesn't seem to be a battery as my low and high beam function ok. She tried to kick over first couple of times and now I just hear a click (i know it sounds like flat battery, but high beam still comes on full strength). Any ideas to help a newbie actually get out for his second ride please?

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Dude, sounds like a low battery that just isn't completely dead yet. If it were me I'd try to pop start it but don't screw up and drop the bike. (And don't listen to me, I'm an idiot.)

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. I have a driveway that's a 40 degree slope and if it's not battery, there's no way in hell i'll get the bike back up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mate, its the battery. Happens to me every month because I'm to tight to buy a new one. Bike battery lasts 2 years according to my tractor mechanic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also think it is the battery. The lights on the panel and the load on the battery when you start is two very different things. I drained my battery once and after that i got the same signs you get. I fully loaded it and got panel lights but when i tried to start nothing happened. It was the battery that was in bad shape and could not take load. After just one start try it was totally drained again. I got a replacement from Ducati. The battery was "new" but had been unused in the bike in the salesroom for about a year, batteries needs to work otherwise they slowly die.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Consider dropping the "vintage" sealed-lead-acid battery and installing a smaller, lighter, more durable, even potentially "greener" LiFePO₄ battery.

Thread: "Lose 4 kilos and that ugly battery box" - http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=51537

1 - 8 of 8 Posts