Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just dropped a 749s 2004 has gone down on the left side and smashed the water pump housing and put a small hole in the casing just under the water pump can any one tell me wether thats wear the oils came from and its stuck in gear the problem i have is ive booked to go to almeria in november and my insurance runs out tomorrow do i fixit my self or go throw the insurance
many thanks inadvance
phil

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
The casings are all replaceable and arn't that much money.

The being stuck in gear part has nothing to do with the casing crack. Sounds to me like you should claim it on your insurance, it might be more badly damaged then you think...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
once the case is off ,you can inspect the inner shift linkage.i've read many posts on broken return springs ,that sound like your problem

·
Registered
58 Posts
The gear selector inside the engine left side cover is notoriously easy to damage in even a simple tip-over, left alone a lowside. I always have one or two in my race spares box just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.